Why Syneos Health
- SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
- We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to caring for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental, and financial.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together a diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
Maintains accurate accounting records in compliance with US and local (as applicable) Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Perform required financial controls and analysis. Assist with leading the GL team.
- Assists with ensuring accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Assists with ensuring financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted global policies and procedures as well as in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in the United States (US GAAP) and local GAAP (as applicable).
- Assists with ensuring compliance with process control narratives to meet Sarbanes-Oxley Internal Controls objectives and maintains appropriate process documentation. Alert management to any discrepancies between written processes and current procedures, so that written procedures can be updated.
- Reviews, maintains, and prepares detailed journal entries, account reconciliations, and supporting schedules to the general ledger accounts as well as other controls required to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Prepares monthly intercompany account reconciliations and required journal entries. Ensures invoices are sent to intercompany partners.
- Performs appropriate analysis of expenses ensuring accurate coding, adequacy of accruals, and resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Facilitates positive relationships with General Ledger (GL) team members including international accounting personnel as well as other departments. Participate in cross functional teams as needed.
- Integrates new accounting requirements into company policy and participate in implementation efforts for new accounting standards.
- Identifies best practices and investigates root causes of fundamental issues and problems and recommends solutions.
- Documents and analyzes current accounting procedures. Identifies opportunities to streamline and improve the accounting process and recommend more efficient procedures.
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure and assists in maintaining Oracle systems to manage the general ledger and sub ledgers.
- Leads special projects to enhance technology or to resolve issues raised by other departments.
- Provides training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Ensures a timely year end audit by assisting with all aspects of audit deliverables and inquiries.
- Participates in ensuring that statutory requirements are met, as applicable and requested.
What we’re looking for:
- BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Progressive accounting experience, preferably within the CRO or pharmaceutical industry.
- Certified Public Accountant or a qualified member of a professional accountancy body equivalent preferred.
- Experience working with large Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Oracle Financial experience is preferred.
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously, organize and prioritize those tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills with a team-oriented approach.
- Able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Strong work ethic, professional attitude and reliability.
- Strong problem solving skills, research and resolution skills and data analysis.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from the manager to accomplish objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email and voice mail.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Russian
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.
- Srbija, Aleksandrovac, Resavska 23, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
- PIB: 109932826
- Matični broj: 21269786