Arcadis Gen is the new SaaS business from Arcadis, backed by a €3bn+ revenue, 27,000-person, 70-country, 130-year-old company. We are bold, dynamic, and disruptive, revolutionizing the future of digital asset management through our 250+ colleagues in over 10 countries worldwide.
Gen has one purpose: to unlock the power of data for a more sustainable, efficient, and resilient world. The world is rapidly changing, and the potential of boundless data and transformative technologies brings countless challenges. And no-one is meeting these challenges quite like we are. Our customers want digital solutions that will optimize their businesses – for better performance, reliability, and improved quality of life for everyone. And that is what we do.
We are looking for experienced Analytics Development Engineers to work in our Product Development teams. Analytics Development Engineers are responsible for the technical development of our analytics software products. You will provide the velocity and the drive that makes productised analytics possible. You take onboard expert guidance from architecture, business leadership and our excellence teams and create the analytics products that will make Customers get real business benefit.
You will work, grow and develop in several broad focus areas ranging from modern statistics and machine learning methodologies to effective visualisation and UX to system engineering and deployment. Productised Analytics is your playground understanding a range of mathematical techniques and how to apply them to drive real value in real business.
Your canvas is on screen, you build user interfaces that make the convoluted obvious, plots that make the complex simple, and experiences that make work beautiful. Programming is your tool; you construct complex scripts built to stand the test of time. Effectively deployed to ensure they work as intended every time.
You will work within a high-performing Agile team delivering exciting new products. Our teams are highly self-organising, and you will be expected to fit in to our self-starting, highly motivated team ethos. You will be responsible to your fellow team members, and report progress to the scrum master and the product owner.
Our products solve problems and unlock data on the physical asset lifecycle. You will be working with a mix of teams who are developing our next generation software products on our Arcadis Gen platform as working with teams who are working our existing product sets. We are rapidly expanding the number and size of our product teams, which you will be instrumental in facilitating.
- You form an active role in the analytics community, socialising, sharing best practise and encouraging innovation across Arcadis Gen.
- Play an active role in the agile process working with colleagues and self-organising the work you perform.
- You play an active role in idea refinement, engaging with app sponsors across Gen to design solutions to customer problems and assess feasibility of potential products.
- You enable the support of your tools by engaging domains across Gen, representing your tool in knowledge transfers through demos and presentation.
- Work as part of a ‘virtual team’ through the project, comprising of colleagues from all geographies ensuring that the scope elements within the given remit are delivered to the expected standard.
You work with the team to build mathematical, statistical and machine learning engines and modules.
You ensure that validation and diagnostics are included and communicated inspiring confidence in our tools to the user.
You work with experts to build user interfaces that bring tools to life and deliver analytical outcomes as interactive dashboards.
Production of productised dynamic reports communicating outcomes and concepts clearly
Production of technical notes, model documentation and in app prompts.
What You Bring
- You will be familiar with modern software development practices and coding standards. It is not necessary to have worked with all our specific technologies, but it is preferable to have worked in closely related areas.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and adapt are more important than experience; we want you to grow and develop in Arcadis Gen, rather than arriving fully formed. It is beneficial but not essential for you to have worked in an Agile delivery team in the past.
- You will need to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as time management and organizational skills. You will be able to communicate complex technical detail to non-technical audiences. You will have worked as part of a virtual’ team environment.
- You will be educated to degree level as a minimum in a Data Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other financial/numeric field (Most of the team members are educated to MSc level or equivalent).
- You will have an understanding of creating end user outputs for different types of engagements (e.g. investment scenarios from prescriptive models) and visualisations including GIS and other.
- You will have experience generating informative reports delivering information to multiple levels of an organisation
- You will have experience building tools allowing self-service interaction and configuration of models and tools contained in an excellent user experience
Essential Experience & Capabilities
- 5+ Years’ Experience in Analytics with a core focus on experience in Predictive and / or prescriptive analytics.
- Technical related degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Agile Product Development and SDLC knowledge
- Understanding of predictive methods including, algorithmic ml, parametric and non-parametric statistical models
- Experience in advanced data visualisation techniques along with tools such as Qlik, Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Expert in SQL and with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with collaboration tools including Azure DevOps and GitLab.
- Experience of working with environments for product onboarding, packaging, dockerisation.
Beneficial Not Essential
- Knowledge of Statistical packages to process data and carry out advanced analytics techniques.
- Experience in COTS Analytics Google, Watson, MS Axure
- Experience of building robust, user friendly apps using R Shiny
- Exposure to UI/UX design for applications.
- Understanding of uncertainty and model diagnostic analysis
- Understanding of financial investment models including asset portfolio optimisation and financial discounting models
- Exposure to Scrum agile methodology.
- Asset Management knowledge
- Asset Performance Management knowledge
- Analytics knowledge
- Linux Knowledge
Skills: R, Python, Excel, MatLab, Azure Analytics, Docker, GIS / Mapping, Logi Analytics
- An environment with an innovative culture and the entrepreneurial spirit of a scale-up, we have access to Arcadis global offices and also have flexible working spaces in Serbia and Sheffield, UK. We encourage you to work from the office, as it works best for you to maximise your ability to collaborate and your productivity.
- A flexible working environment that proactively encourages you to integrate the demands of home and work and which considers wellbeing and sustainable human performance as core components of our strategy.
- A series of Healthy Working Practices across Arcadis Gen, including Thinking Thursdays, a day dedicated each week to minimizing meetings and maximizing opportunities to reduce the cognitive load.
- Opportunities to future proof yourself by working with highly motivated, curious and skilled colleagues in multiple geographies globally.
- A strong commitment to learning and growth, including a #lovetolearn cash contribution for you to invest in the learning platform of your choice.
- We are working toward our BCorp certification which will recognise our high standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability, and hope to have secured this by the end of the year
And of course,
- Compensation and discretionary performance incentive schemes which acknowledge and reward your contribution, informed by market data provided by leading global experts Willis Towers Watson.
- Leading healthcare, financial and wellbeing benefits, including financial support for your professional registration and accreditation.
- 25 vacation days
- FitPass gym membership
Discover the next generation Bold, disruptive, experimental - the pioneers of what's possible. Changing how we think to create a better tomorrow. We are Arcadis Gen.Launching in spring 2020, Arcadis Gen is the new digital business from Arcadis, SEAMS and EAMS Group Our Story Arcadis Gen specialises in working with clients to enable them to achieve their strategic objectives, as they reach new heights in business performance, asset reliability and performance, efficiency and effectiveness…Više o poslodavcu