Senior Android Developer
Belgrade, Serbia - Fulltime
Who we are
Founded in 2014, Ogury is the creator of the first marketing engine driven by user choice. Ogury’s mobile journey marketing Engine systematically offers users clear options and respects the choice they make throughout their mobile journey. It guarantees full compliance with data protection and privacy laws. Unlike generic marketing platforms, Ogury’s mobile journey marketing Engine is fueled by its own consented mobile user journey data across brands, apps, websites and powered by purpose-built activation algorithms and attractive ad formats. With the relentless support of our 400 employees across 10 countries, 900+ brand customers and 3 500+ publisher partners use our technology to enjoy unmatched levels of sustained user engagement and ad revenue from their mobile assets.
As part of our product development group working with agile methodologies, you will contribute to the realization of multiple features on our Android team. The Ogury Android SDK team owns the core software that app Publishers around the world integrate to benefit from the Ogury suite of monetization, mediation, and privacy products. The team is solving extreme technical challenges to ensure that our SDK and infrastructure can scale efficiently with the growing number of app Publishers which use one of Ogury's products and their hundreds of millions of end-users. Joining this team will be your opportunity to learn, be challenged, and have high-impact in a fast-paced environment, all the while working on business-critical production software.
What you’ll do
- You design, build, and maintain high-performance, reliable, and reusable code to produce an Android SDK that is consumed by thousands of app Publishers and used by millions of end-users around the world
- You interact with your team's Product Conceptor and Technical Lead to understand the roadmap and the specific features you need to deliver
- You help maintain code quality and follow best-in-class software practices
- You carefully balance performance, memory and network usage to minimize the SDK's footprint and thereby respect users, app developers, and our service infrastructure
- You thoughtfully architect future-proof features which will live in the wild for as long as the apps they support
- You maintain testing and documentation systems to support your team and yourself
- You follow agile methodologies and participate in your team's agile ceremonies
- You work with colleagues from other tech teams across the company to coordinate on software changes and resolve dependencies that affect your features
- You help the Customer Support team to investigate SDK-related bugs and assist external app Publishers with integration issues
- You help colleagues to improve their skills and improve the level of the team.
Who you are
- You have a University degree in Computer Sciences or Software Engineering related field (ETF, FON, Mathematics...)
- You have at least 4 years of software and/or mobile development experience
- You are passionate with development
- You have experience with Agile methodologies
What you will need
- Excellent knowledge of Java, Gradle, the Android ecosystem
- Good knowledge of Java and Android building system
- Good knowledge of Maven and/or Android Studio
- Good knowledge of Proguard
Ideally you have
- Knowledge of Unity, Cordova / PhoneGap, Adobe Air
- Past experience in the AdTech / media / mobile industr
- Past experience in developing and shipping an SDK
- Experience with Cloud environments (AWS, App Engine) - Experience with server-side development
- Advanced technical stack and challenging projects that fortify your career
- Competitive compensation package
- Creative, innovative and friendly Spotify culture
- Exposure to international learning and working opportunities etc.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume electronically.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 04.12.2019.