ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a passionate Senior Backend Developer who is ready to take our products to a stellar level.
Responsibilities implementing features, fixing bugs and all in all closely collaborating with other developers, UI/UX designers and product managers. You will also be involved in technical and architectural decisions for the whole platform.
- Build a product that users love
- Participate in the requirements engineering process
- Deliver high quality code
- Build business logic and APIs that can be consumed by several frontend clients
- Review pull requests and collaborate with other developers
- Be in contact with product managers and designers to validate new features early on in the development cycle
- 3+ years previous experience in NodeJS backend applications
- Experience using ExpressJS and Typescript
- Good knowledge of API best practices and design principles
- Experience in using various architectural and design patterns
- A good sense of when code should be kept simple. No over-engineering when requirements can often change
- A deep understanding of SQL as well as NoSQL databases and how the squeeze the best performance out of them
- Good knowledge of source control systems
- Experience with using CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with Microservice-Architectures
- Passionate about software and willing to expand your knowledge
- Very organized and an absolute team player
- Analytical in your problem solving and structured in the way you communicate
- Energized and comfortable working in a high-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a strong interest in fast-scaling startups
- Fluent in English
- Fully remote: We believe in work without borders: whether you want to work at home with your family or anywhere else, we’re here to support your choices. Our teams are working from all around the world.
- Career fast track: Speed up your career, as you grow quickly within deskbird - both personally and professionally. You will be part of our scale-up and have the opportunity to take your next career step rather in six months, not in two years
Compensation: We offer very attractive compensation and the possibility to participate in our equity program - on our way to becoming the next unicorn
- Fun: We are all on this exciting journey together and love having fun along the way. From online wine tastings, over physical company summits along the beaches of Croatia, to regular virtual Bavarian breakfasts
Apply for this position
deskbird is supporting organizations around the world in making hybrid work, by bringing people together in a flexible workplace, by fostering collaboration in the office, and by providing real estate deciders insights on their optimal office setup.
Being the workplace platform that puts people first, deskbird is redefining how employees schedule home office and in-office days and how they book shared desks in the office. Thanks to an unrivaled user experience, deskbird has become one of Europe's fastest growing B2B SaaS startups.
deskbird is a remote-first company with 44 employees, spread across the globe, and backed by various investors (e.g. session.vc). We are currently looking for ambitious individuals who are ready to support us on our journey to become the leading workplace platform on Earth.
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can quickly grow professionally, thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and have some fun at work? Then deskbird it is. If this sounds exciting, we would love to build the workplace of the future together with you!
If this sounds appealing, we'd love to hear from you! We offer a competitive compensation package and a great environment to work in, with a lot of flexibility, perks, and amazing virtual and real-life events.
- Švajcarska, Inostranstvo, Kesslerstrasse 1