Who we are:
Material Exchange is a unique B2B platform that works with leading footwear and apparel brands to digitalize the material sourcing processes. Global restrictions on travel and a shift to digitalization has accelerated the need for digital material data. Material Exchange has a comprehensive library of materials that are required by brands to develop and produce footwear, apparel and accessories. Material Exchange is working towards becoming the next young Swedish unicorn and is adding key hires to its global team.
The Material Exchange database is a highly secure vault containing approximately 40,000 digital materials from some of the largest material suppliers in the world including, Clarino, Tiong Liong Corp, Kuraray and over 350 more. Material Exchange brand customers include Ariat, Keen, Caleres, Steve Madden, Deckers Brands, Global Brands Group and many more.
By leveraging the platform brands can reduce sourcing costs, improve product development timelines and reduce supply chain risks. The platform supports suppliers in better connecting to their brand customers and enables them to find opportunities for new business.
Material Exchange is backed by leading European and International Venture Capital firms including Inventure, Partech, Norrsken VC and DayOne Capital.
We are endorsed by the industries we support with backing from the Footwear Distributors & Retailers Of America (FDRA) and United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA).
Recently, we won the Consumer Trends category at the South Summit Startup Competition 2020 out of 3700+ leading startups.
Material Exchange has a driven and passionate working ethos with a diverse cultural background. You will be joining a highly ambitious organisation at a very exciting time and play a key role in the company’s growth. Our business is international, with offices in USA, Sweden, Serbia, UK, Armenia, India and China.
Summary about the position:
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to manage the software development life cycle, from planning and prioritizing to testing and release.
Senior Backend Developer responsibilities include gathering system and user requirements, building modules and testing features before release. If you have hands-on experience developing software with agile methodologies and are ready to lead our junior developers, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will deploy and maintain functional, secure and high-quality applications.
- Perform coding, code commenting, debugging, bug fixing, testing, code reviewing and other related activities in accordance with company coding conventions, approved designs and project standards;
- Follow the existing company, team and project processes and procedures and suggest how to improve them;
- Work with project manager and quality assurance representative to estimate issue resolution or package implementation efforts;
- Write technical design specifications, participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations;
- Perform unit and integration testing of an application and identify, troubleshoot and solve application code related issues;
Things we are looking for:
- Experience and interest in leading the team will be considered as a big advantage;
- Readiness to share your knowledge with less experienced colleagues, but also to learn new concepts and software technologies as needs arise;
- Passion about clean code, enjoy pair-programming, TDD, & code reviews;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively - both verbally and in written communication;
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken);
- Review and estimation of user stories in an agile process;
Experience and education:
- 4+ years of work experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Excellent knowledge of Java programming language
- Experience using RDBS: MySQL, Oracle, Postgres etc.
- Experience with testing using JUnit and Mockito or similar tools
- Experience working with RESTful services
- Knowledge of Maven
- Effective use of the Git source control system including branching, merging and pull requests
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Deep usage of Container Concepts (e.g. Docker tool)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins) will be considered as a plus
- Experience with Cloud environments will be considered as a plus
- Experience with Scrum methodology
This position reports to: Lead Architect
- Young fast growing and dynamic work environment
- Regular company events
- Flexible working location and hours
Equal opportunities employer:
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
- Annual Base Salary gross: 38 k - 42 k euro
Type of engagement:
- Full-time employment;
Special requirements :
- Working on CET time zone;
- 3 positions;
- Srbija, Subotica, Boze Sarcevica 19
- PIB: 111560436
- Matični broj: 21502219