Senior Consolidation Accountant
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Responsible for daily and month-end accounting for certain corporate entities, as well as close activities resulting in consolidated financial statements. Prepares and analyzes internal management reporting and is responsible for various ad-hoc projects. Work requires problem solving and critical thinking skills. The position may assign and review the work of others, but does not have full supervisory duties. The job requires collaboration with other departments within the organization.
- Responsible for the completion of key functions as part of the month end closing process, including the preparation and input of journal entries. Records transactions for the corporate division including various intercompany transactions.
- Serves as primary coordinator for statutory reporting requests and US census survey reporting and analysis.
- Analyzes and completes entries for investments in subsidiary reporting/joint venture accounting. Responsible for foreign currency accounting.
- Reviews and analyzes results reported by other divisions at the consolidated level; reviews divisional fluctuation comments to ensure compliance with SOX and the global close process. Responsible for data loads into the consolidation system and verification of results for the corporate division.
- Maintains mapping the corporate division chart of accounts into the HFM chart of accounts in conformance with chart of accounts definitions.
- Reviews intercompany reconciliation and contacts individual trading partners to provide guidance in resolving intercompany out-of-balances.
- Analyzes and explains balance sheet fluctuations for the corporate division.
- Provides supporting schedules for quarterly and annual footnote disclosures.
- Understands and executes against key SOX control activities over the financial close process.
- Develops and maintains various financial reports using JDE, HFM, and Smartview Excel files.
- Researches accounting entries and analyzes processes to identify and recommend appropriate procedures and controls.
- Assists in completing requested schedules or analysis necessary for the completion of the audit of the company’s financial statements.
- Designs and facilitates training sessions as needed for the corporate group and as requested by others.
Experience and skills required:
- University level degree in accounting or work related experience
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum in public big four accounting or 3 years as a CPA or local equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge of the following areas:
- Accounting for foreign currency
- Intercompany transactions
- Generally accepted accounting principles as related to the essential functions of this position
- Integrated financial and ERP systems
- General management techniques and principles
- Able to meet tight deadlines, and is responsible for communicating any deadlines that may be missed in a timely manner
- Fluent in English
Ball Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively encourage applications from everybody, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, faith, ability, or orientation.
Please note the advertised job title might vary from the job title on the contract due to local job title structure and global HR systems.
No agencies please.
If you are interested in the position and your profile fits with the above requirements, please send us your resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ball Global Business Services EMEA d.o.o.
- Srbija, Beograd, Milutina Milankovića 9e
- PIB: 110102813
- Matični broj: 21297992