What we're working on
Tameson is more than just an online store for industrial products. Our goal is to become the no.1 source for these products and make it as easy as possible to find the best products for your engineering project. We accomplish this through our website, service, and product offerings. We pay a lot of attention to excellent content and advanced search & filtering capabilities. We’re scaling internationally and for this we’re looking for a remotely based frontend engineer to continuously improve our systems and international stores based on shopify plus.
What you will be doing
- You will be leading our Shopify plus development to shape and further develop the Tameson online stores. We are working on migrating our legacy ecommerce to shopify and have the basics up and running, but you can imagine that we still have a lot of things to improve or implement. You will be in the lead when it comes to defining and implementing solutions that will directly (or indirectly) impact the online customer experience, which gives this role a lot of impact on our business.
- You will be involved in the integration of the back-end systems and other 3rd party systems. Within our setup all content and data is managed in our PIM system (Pimcore) that can manage multilingual/store content and push this to shopify. Orders and inventory are managed in our ERP system (ODOO)
- Maintain and enhance Shopify Plus ecommerce stores while adhering to best practices, optimal use of latest platform improvements (store 2.0 / dawn theme)
- Work agile, participate in Scrum and Sprint planning, define tasks and provide technical input (approach, estimate)
- Perform code reviews before deployment.
- Have a detailed technical understanding on work happening in assigned projects, manage a feature implementation from start to finish
- Suggest and define Stories/Tasks for further improvement of the user experience, SEO, performance, automation and integration
Who fits in our team?
- 3+ years of experience with e-commerce development on shopify, including: liquid, flow, APIs, custom app development
- Strong experience working with GIT/version control and (automated) testing best practices
- Pragmatic engineer who actively avoids over-engineering of solutions and understands how to maintain a high-quality of code in a delivery-focused environment.
- You stay on top of the latest developments in web technologies and love to stay ahead of the curve
- You have a perfect command of the English language (written and spoken).
- You’re available 32-40 hours per week
- You’re able to work independent and remotely, and you enjoy working in an international dynamic team.
- Bonus skills: knowledge in fluid control products / SEO / SEM / Project management / BSc. or MSc. in computer science or similar
What can you expect from us?
You will join a young, fast-growing company on a mission. You will become part of an international team with different backgrounds and cultures. There are various directions to grow in because we look primarily at you as a person, and from there at what suits you. Of course a competitive salary and secondary conditions are part of the deal.
Important: You will join us as an independent contractor. To a large extent, we ignore geography in order to find the best person for each role. Due to the substantial differences between labor and business laws in each country, the easiest way to hire talent outside of our registered countries is through freelance contracts.
Tameson is a dutch e-commerce scale-up specialized in fluid control products, such as valves, pneumatics and measurement equipment. Based in Eindhoven in the Netherlands, our e-commerce philosophy has become successful in the Netherlands & Belgium (Tameson.nl), the United Kingdom (Tameson.co.uk) and internationally with Tameson.com. Our technical experts work hard every day to provide the best service and technology to our customers. Tameson stands for transparency and we offer clear information…Više o poslodavcu