Senior Full Stack Developer
Embroker is the digital insurance company committed to improving the way businesses of all sizes manage risk. With a radically simple approach, Embroker is replacing the 1970’s technology of the insurance industry, with a first-ever end-to-end digital insurance platform that provides better coverage and reduced cost; all in minutes, not hours. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in San Francisco, Embroker has raised over $42M of funding from leading fintech investors.
Embroker, the easiest way to intelligently insure any business.
About the Position
We work in small, cross-functional, teams of 3-6 people and use Slack to stay connected.
Bird's eye view of the role:
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Ability to write clean, well-designed and high-quality code in a highly collaborative Agile development environment
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Experience building scalable server-side components. Experience with Web servers, REST APIs and SQL
- Being okay with the uncomfortable feeling that comes from learning new things
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Good knowledge of English language, conversational and written
- Fluent in written and spoken Serbian
Our ideal teammate:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience with large codebases
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with ES6 and/or TypeScript
- Experience with Go programming language
- Experience with TDD and DDD
What Embroker offers
- Flexible work arrangement
- Top-of-the-line tools
- Scrum environment
- Private health insurance with dental services added
- Use of fully-stocked kitchen
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
More about Embroker
The Embroker team is a diverse group with extensive experience in technology and insurance. Embroker embraces differences and is committed to a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better experience for our clients.
At Embroker, we work hard, have fun solving difficult problems, and push the boundaries of what was thought possible in our industry. We are always looking for ways to get better and exceed what’s expected of us. Our team members take ownership of our customer experience and the success of the company. We encourage like-minded individuals to join us in building the next generation insurance company.
Embroker is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Boston, Chicago, Denver, New York, and Belgrade.