- Key role in a diverse and global organization;
- Opportunity to work alongside and network with a global team of Rio Tinto professionals;
- Permanent role based in Belgrade, Serbia
About the role
We are looking for a Senior HR Adviser to ensure that all Human Resource obligations for Serbia and the legal entity are fulfilled.
This covers payroll management and payroll administration, correct HR data maintenance and reporting, Total Rewards, Performance Management, Training & Development, Recruitments and Exits (including relocations and expatriate assistance). The role also plays an important advisory role towards team leaders, managers with respect to the broad range of HR topics a business comes across.
This role is a great opportunity to support to leaders and employees, including providing coaching on the application of human resource systems. Ensures the fair and consistent application of Human Resources policies, procedures and processes. Assists in identifying key issues and solutions to enhance people effectiveness. Reporting to the HR Manager Europe, you will be:
- Manage (check and approve) salary administration (monthly Serbian payroll) for local employees, local+ employees and international assignees
- Manage all national and international incentive/benefit plans (medical, superannuation, car schemes, …) and make sure they are implemented in payroll administration
- Coordinate, check and approve on time all data for Serbian tax filing of local + employees and international assignees before submission to the Tax Consultants
- Support the annual RT Salary Review and STIP Cycle for RTM including the Representative Offices abroad
- Manage (coordinate, monitor and check) all data and compensation
- Provide advice with respect to alternative working schedules and make sure that applications are filed with government bodies when required (time credit, part-time, educational leave, …).
- Ensure compliance with Serbian as well as international, payroll and personal tax legislation where required and make sure all internal (RTD as well as RT) policies are complied with
- Ensure that all policies, procedures and templates relative to this subject are up to date and reviewed regularly. Also make sure leaders are informed on the above. Coordinate setting up payroll and other HR aspects for new RTX entity in Serbia.
- Lead the HR data and reporting process for RTM by coordinating, monitoring and checking that all employee records in the payroll tool as well as in SAP and all other HR data sources are recorded and maintained correctly and that all HR data is filed as well in the agreed format(s)
- Manage all HR tools and Information Systems in order to ensure correct and value-adding HR data storage and reporting (e.g. statistical reports re hires, transfers, performance appraisals, absenteeism rates...)
- Coordinate and monitor the recruitment/exit process for RTM and RTX including the representation offices abroad. Act as point of contact for RT HR peers and PS with respect to exit or transfers within the Group
- Act as the point of contact for the external selection agencies, temp agencies as well as the internal RT PS team and all relevant RT HR peers
- Ensure compliance with the RT HR Pre-Employment Screening Standard
- Coordinate, monitor and check on the requirements for international employment (local + & international assignees relocation) and administer all requirements (work permit, professional card, …), and liaise with the relevant ‘institutions and bodies’
- Support the Yearly Performance Evaluation Process for RTM including the Representation Offices abroad.
- Monitor existence of updated role descriptions for all roles and ensure updated filing of all actual role descriptions
- Provide employee relations advice and guidance to leaders with respect to disciplinary, grievance and absence, to ensure acceptable levels of individual employee performance
- Make sure all employees have a personal training plan, consolidate the personal plans into a RTM master training plan and liaise with managers and employees on requirements and organize/coordinate the required training with local vendors or through RT
- Manage employee relations cases on site and provide advice according to local legislation and ensure compliance with Serbian a employment legislation where required and make sure all internal policies are complied with compliance.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in HR or a general university degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in similar role
- Sound understanding of HR, employment and social legislation
- Ability and willingness to work across functional boundaries
- Excellent Serbian and English language skills
- Strong PC software skills: MS Office
- Influencing skills, facilitation / coaching skills
- Ability to openly engage in difficult or “courageous” conversations with other team members/peers
- Willing to share ideas and participate actively in the company-wide groups
- Deal with highly confidential information. Honest and dedicated.
- Look for continuous improvement, lead and support change implementation efforts
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
- Srbija, Beograd, Resavska 23