- Operates within a fast moving results orientated business and Supply Chain team
- Part of the Indirects Procurement team within the centralised Nomad group Procurement function
- Group role for category management of FM, MRO, Cap Ex, Logistics and utilities across the Adriatic region initially which may grow to a broader geographical remit
- Travel is required to engage with factory stakeholders and understand business requirements
- Develop and implement the group operations strategy across the Adriatic regions, linking in with the existing strategies in these areas in the rest of the GRoup
- To support the different stakeholder groups with group contracts
- Senior Buyer: Logistics and
- Group Manufacturing Best Practice
- Head of Category: Indirects
- Head of Manufacturing
- Factory General Managers and Factory Finance Managers
- Factory Engineers and Factory Operations Teams
- Strategic Suppliers
- Supply Chain Finance
- Supply chain Directors / Managers
- To support the management of the Nomad Group FM, MRO, Cap Ex spend in the Adriatic regions
- Develop and execute strategic sourcing plans aligned to business needs and objectives
- Manage and develop a network of supplier relationships that deliver value across quality, service, innovation and cost
- Provide and demonstrate high level procurement and technical category expertise to drive the group sourcing and agenda
- Own and maintain key stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Manages category cost base in-line with budget and drives continuous improvement projects
- Provides financial transparency andforecast accuracy of Total Cost of Ownership FM & MRO
- Support all Nomad factories with the management of FM and MRO sourcing and stock management approaches – championing the ‘One Nomad Way’
- Supports the on line catalogues on Coupa – availability and price
- Sharing best practice across the Nomad group Cap Ex
- Development and implementation of the group Cap Ex strategy and policy alongside existing Logistics & Warehousing
- Support Senior buyer with continuous improvements activities across all Nomad MU’s
- Challenge status quo
- Develop with the Group strategy for the Adriatic region aligning with the current approach and policy for:
- Cap-Ex buying and asset disposal
- MRO buying and stock management
- Facilities Management
- Energy covenant review and updates
- Ensuring the agreed and signed off group wide buying strategies and policies are deployed and adhered to across all Nomad manufacturing sites
- Ensuring the buying strategies enables flexibility and agility for the Nomad manufacturing footprint to transform over time
- Creates and adapts strategic sourcing plans to deliver business objectives
- Ensure adherence to procurement processes and reporting requirements
- Develops and manages savings delivery plans
- Development and management of key suppliers to the Nomad Group
- Developing the catalogue strategy aligned with the Nomad current strategy.
Decision Making Authority:
- Negotiates new Supplier terms T&C’s in line with Nomad standards
- Makes tender award decisions inline with procurement operating principles Strategic Ability:
- Demonstrates a clear strategic knowledge of the operations categories
- Has the ability to influence internally and externally as required
- Understands and interprets/predicts market drivers and trends
- Understands and defines value chains and cost drivers
- Manages and leads supplier relationship to drive commercial advantage
- Applies strategic approach anddefines scope for each category
- Manages available resources to deliver against savings plans
- Assesses strategic options against procurement imperatives
- Drives implementation to deliver substantial benefits on-time and in-full
- Bold Delivery - Challenges the status quo and takes calculated risks within operational remit. Makes things happen with an 80:20 mentality. Uses experience & intuition as well as facts to deliver solutions
- Change Agent - Anticipates barriers and the means to over come them. Remains focussed on delivery during difficult times
- Impact and Influence - Communicates with real passion, ownership and commitment. Contributes and builds on the ideas of others to add value manages stakeholders
- Leadership - Delegates by assessing capability, giving clear briefs & support. Identifies the right people with the right capability
- Business and/or engineering degree or equivalent qualifications
- Ideally CIPs qualified or Membership
- Successfully implemented strategic sourcing plans in relation to FM and MRO
- In depth knowledge of market structures and supplier strategies relevant to categories.
- Pan-European experience – Sourcing
- Proven delivery of tangible benefits in quality, service, innovation and cost savings.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Some (10+ years) technical understanding of FM and/or MRO categories in food manufacturing industry
- Sourcing Strategy Development
- Negotiation skills, tendering and contracting
- Supplier performance management
- Performance measurement and reporting
- Benchmarking skills
- Has presence and credibility with internal stakeholders
- Has the ability to influence Stakeholders and Vendors at all levels
- Highly developed communication skills
- Builds consensus and clarity around objectives and strategy
- Understands key stakeholder requirements
- More than 10 years
- 10+ years in a Procurement function and ideally managing FM & MRO categories
At Nomad Foods, we are excited to be into our 4th year of consecutive growth. Our portfolio of iconic brands, which include Birds Eye, Findus, Iglo, Aunt Bessie's, Goodfella's as well the newly acquired Frikom and Ledo brands have been part of consumers' meals for generations.
With 19 world class manufacturing sites and over 8000 colleagues globally, we are well positioned to fulfil our company purpose of Serving the World with Better Food.
About the position
The Senior Buyer’s role is part of Nomad Foods Group Procurement Function which is a centralised function managing Nomad Foods total spend across 22 countries and 19 factories.
The main responsibility is to manage the spend for Maintenance, Repairs Operations, Facilities managements and CAPEX projects for the Adriatic region in order to deliver savings and find synergies.
The successful candidate will write key sourcing strategy documents taking into account market spend, risk mitigation, sustainability, financial forecasts & benefit to the wider business.
This role will also manage the full end to end tender process for new suppliers in line with the future strategy, key to the role will be to build effective relationships with budget holders and external suppliers
Our ideal candidate will have 5 years indirect procurement experience preferably within an FMCG company, a proven track record of developing & implementing strategy from scratch as well as demonstrating delivery metrics.
We are looking for candidates with a broad commercial acumen who can balance the requirements of factory managers, external suppliers and the goals of the business.
What we offer you
- An ambitious employer with recognized brands and growth potential
- The potential of a fast track career across different areas of Nomad Foods
- A culture where your ideas are making a difference
- A competitive salary and excellent bonus structure
To view the full job profile and to apply, please click on the apply button above which will divert you to our careers site. We look forward to receiving your application.
At Nomad Foods we're proud to represent the world we serve by hiring diverse talent. Our inclusive culture is all about what we can achieve together.
- Ujedinjeno Kraljevstvo, Feltham, No. 1 New Square