Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,300 people worldwide and reported 2019 net sales of $11.5 billion. Ball is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandma used to use. Today, Ball manufactures aluminium packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. In 2019, the company started producing and
marketing the first infinitely recyclable aluminium cup – another innovation that demonstrates our commitment to sustainability.
Ball’s largest business is the manufacture of recyclable beverage cans and ends. A lot of engineering and technology goes into making beverage packaging at speeds of more than 2,000 cans a minute. We operate beverage can facilities in the America, Africa, Middle East, Europe and in a few Asian countries – about one in every four beverage cans in the world is made by Ball – and our products are used by the most recognizable beverage brands in the world.
Ball is a Lean / Six Sigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
Ball Corporation is currently looking for a motivated and nimble person for the position: Senior Internal Auditor, (Location: GBS Belgrade)
Primary purpose of position:
Supports the Global Internal Audit department with all aspects of its responsibilities. Such responsibilities include global and divisional risk assessment, audit planning and scoping, audit execution, discussing risks and controls with management at all levels of the company, creating audit reports for distribution to senior management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and conducting various risk-related consulting engagements in partnership with the business, including plant, divisional, and corporate management to address strategic, operational, and financial risks.
Reports to: Manager, Internal Audit or Director, Internal Audit
- Collaborates closely with management and other internal audit department team members to:
Assess strategic, operational, IT and financial risks and review related internal controls and make recommendations on process and control effectiveness and efficiency improvements;
Assess the accuracy of external financial reporting and compliance with governmental and regulatory rules and regulations, including performing testing to assess compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
Conducts special projects as assigned by management, the Audit Committee and/or the Internal Audit Department. Independently collects and analyzes data, evaluates information and systems, and proposes project management solutions.
- Performs all phases of internal audits and consulting engagements in accordance with department and professional standards, at times with minimal supervision. Specifically, the Senior Auditor, will:
Lead and/or support the determination of the audit objectives and scope through risk assessment, technical research and discussion with operating management and other audit team members.
Lead the development of detailed audit programs to cover the audit objectives included in the scope of the audits.
Perform and document all procedures, including process research and risk assessment, information gathering and frequent communication with operational management at various levels, necessary to satisfy identified audit objectives.
Clearly communicate audit results to management in a timely manner; including performing impact assessment and development of management action plans to drive efficiency and reduce risk, for distribution to executive and operating management and the Audit Committee.
Coordinate with management regarding prior audit observations, ensuring management action plans have been implemented.
The above-mentioned work may be performed for entities in the geographic region where the auditor is based, or in any other region where the Company operates.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships within the department, the division and the company. This includes ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, manage time effectively, while maintaining a positive and productive work environment.
- Interfaces with multiple departments and varying levels of management.
- Leads and/or supports the collaboration and coordination of planning, execution and reporting efforts with the Company’s external auditors as it relates to SOX testing and other co-sourced auditors on other audit and consulting projects.
- Leads and/or support internal knowledge sharing and training on skills and experiences gained throughout audit and consulting engagements, to contribute to continuous growth and improvement of the team.
- Audit Committee of Board of Directors
- Senior Management of Ball Corporation
- Divisional Business Management
- Corporate Controller and Internal Controls Department
- The Law Department
- External Auditors
Professional & Education Qualification
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or graduate degree level education or work-related experience.
- Job-related experience: 5 years minimum
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or other relevant professional qualification are encouraged and considered a plus but not required.
- Ability to understand complex processes, associated systems and tools and be able to identify and gather pertinent data from ERP and other systems and other sources.
- Industry related experience in the manufacturing environment is considered a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices is considered a plus but not required.
- Ability to work independently within parameters set by management as well as operate and contribute in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Contemporary risk management and control techniques and frameworks.
- SOX compliance in relation to design and operational effectiveness.
- Familiarity with common indicators of fraud.
- Strong planning, project management and organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Experience with US government contracting, accounting and auditing practices (relevant for Aerospace audit only).
If you are interested in the above position and your profile fits with the above requirements, please send us your resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ball Global Business Services EMEA d.o.o.
- Srbija, Beograd, Milutina Milankovića 9e
- PIB: 110102813
- Matični broj: 21297992