Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminium cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. Everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations.
Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Senior Internal Controls Analyst
Responsible for supporting the global Internal Controls team in the administration and execution of the Internal Controls compliance program. This includes supporting management in the annual assessment of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404 compliance program in accordance with department, regulatory and professional standards, including financial and Information Technology (IT) related controls.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintains working knowledge on SOX Section 404 regulations and guidance.
- Assists with the SOX scoping analysis and risk assessment process, including documentation of significant accounts, processes, locations and the associated risks.
- Works with process owners to monitor the execution of key SOX controls in various regions and systems to ensure controls are being executed, as designed, timely. Ensures that documented SOX controls adequately reflect the key SOX controls within the process, both financial and IT related controls.
- Assists in coordinating and maintaining current process and control documentation.
- Performs SOX testing and other Internal Audit assignments (as needed).
- Facilitates the review and reporting of segregation of duties and sensitive access risks in Ball’s ERP systems.
- Collaborates with co-sourced auditors (financial and IT related) globally to ensure SOX compliance is completed according to Company and program standards.
- Understands the COSO framework and facilitates the completion of the detailed COSO review (including control environment, information & communication, risk assessment and monitoring).
- Works with process owners on remediation plans for design or operating effectiveness control deficiencies.
- Tracks SOX deficiencies identified throughout the audit year. Assists in evaluating unremediated deficiencies at year-end.
- Assists with the SSAE 18 / ISAE 3402 evaluation process as it relates to Ball’s internal control environment.
- Coordinates and collaborates with various levels, both internally and externally.
- Administers the SOX software used to facilitate SOX compliance.
- Conducts SOX compliance program trainings for new process owners, auditors and/or external consultants.
- Conducts special projects as assigned by management and the Internal Controls Team.
- Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired through college level education (concentrated in accounting or finance preferred) or work-related experience in auditing, accounting or related field.
- Job related experience for 3 year minimum
- Certifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or other relevant professional qualification is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Internal controls over financial reporting
- Generally accepted accounting principles and financial statement assertions
- Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 requirements
- Strong technical skill in SAP and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing data, evaluating information and systems and drawing logical conclusions.
- Good planning, project management, and organization skills with an ability to handle multiple accountabilities. Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard accounting and auditing techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with all levels of personnel.
- Fluent English language is mandatory
Ball Corporation are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note the advertised job title might vary from the job title on the contract due to local job title structure and global HR systems.
No agencies please.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (in person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you are interested in the position and your profile fits with the above requirements,
please send us your resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ball Global Business Services EMEA d.o.o.
- Srbija, Beograd, Milutina Milankovića 9e
- PIB: 110102813
- Matični broj: 21297992