Senior Java Developer
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Our team is part of the PTS (Post Trade Service) group that is providing end to end solution for post-trade derivatives processing to our customers. Our clients are some of the world largest financial institutions and our goal is to build world class products that will change Fintech industry. Our team is distributed all over the globe, which we believe gives great opportunity for personal and company growth. Focus of our team is in creating and enhancing products within the solution that would push the boundaries of current business offerings and technology.
What you will be doing
As a software engineer and agile person - you are participating in shaping up our product by working on both features and product capabilities. The whole package – includes all the aspects of software engineering - from writing stories, to coding – from reviewing code to building tests, from architecting and designing to building packages and deploying software. In your team, you are constantly searching for good balance – balance between value and pace, teaching and learning, patience and courage. We believe that key of achieving excellence is applying the practices in business domain – so getting knowledge in our business domain is happening always.
More specifically, on your job you will:
- Analyze requirements and design solution to ensure that product meets business needs
- Develop proposed solutions in line with platform and company standards
- Maintain and enhance both business and platform side of a product
- Review code and share knowledge with other team members
- Take part in presentation sessions to demonstrate new features to stakeholders
- Keep an eye on a wide range of software development best practices, such as code style, code quality, and disk usage and performance requirements.
- Work on various algorithmic calculations which will be used by world’s greatest financial institutions.
- Learn and improve internally developed in-memory database which is crucial for the product we are working on.
- Enhance our product logs to that point where further debugging is not needed to figure out what is happening.
What you bring:
- Work experience as Software Engineer / Developer (7+ years)
- Degree in CS
- Excellent skills in designing / developing / testing services and applications
- Experience in releasing and deploying services and applications through CI process
- Proficiency in software engineering methodologies, frameworks and tools
- Great attitude, patience, communication and presentation skills
Added bonus if you have:
- Lead a team / project and/or architected components
- Built reactive systems (akka, lagom)
- Worked with docker / Kubernetes / helm / CI
- Developed UI / HTML5 applications
- Applied tdd / bdd principles in your everyday practice
- Worked with noSQL databases (couchbase)
- Delivered software continuously
- Worked in scrum team / used productivity tools
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home – 4 days per month, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
Ready to start your journey with us?
We look forward to receiving your application. Please use only the button below in order to apply (only complete online applications will be considered).
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
Deadline for applications: 22.03.2020.