Is your head full of ideas that could help the people around you? Do you have a passion for developing great software? Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Then it sounds like the right time to join our team!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer who will be responsible for building Java applications under the wing of Hotovo. This includes anything that can be understood as complex services – from back-end to front-end development. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications and coordinate with the rest of the team who will be working on different layers of the infrastructure, e.g. QA. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality are essential.
- You’ll be a part of a team developing GREAT SOFTWARE with industry leaders and innovators like Atlassian, Red Hat, Salesforce, Percolate and many others.
- Also work with exciting startups, challenging your creativity and innovation while using the latest technologies.
- Have a chance to bring your own ideas to the table and influence how things are done.
- Collaborate with clients and teams around the world, such as San Francisco, New York, Philadelphia, Sydney, Buenos Aires and London, with an opportunity to visit these places.
- Help us bring new innovative jobs and exciting projects to our town.
- Enjoy great coffee, beer, table foosball, game nights, movie & docu nights, bike or hike trips, join the Hotovo table tennis team... and more! Check out our @hotovocompany FB or Instagram.
Employee perks and benefits
- Enjoy the exciting atmosphere of a startup or work for stable customers with a great reputation. We offer both under one roof.
- Get your hands on and into all the latest technologies.
- A non-formal "dorms-like" working atmosphere.
- Know that the fruit of your work will be used by millions of users around the world.
- Enjoy working with agile methodologies, lots of unit tests, functional tests, code reviews, scrums, etc.
- Flexible working hours for sure.
- Great coffee and lots of fun activities (we even have a secret underground “games” area...)
- And of course a great salary corresponding to your skills and hairstyle :)
Information about the selection process
Apply with a CV and perhaps with some info about your motivation for applying (in case it's more than simply a desire for the best job in town :) )
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with any of the following education will suit the position:
- Secondary with school-leaving examination
- Follow-up/Higher Professional Education
- University student
- University education (Bachelor's degree)
- University education (Master's degree)
- Postgraduate (Doctorate)
- Informatics, Computer Science
- English - Upper-intermediate (B2)
Number of years of experience in a similar role
Personality requirements and skills
Ideally, you are smart, talented, enthusiastic, reliable, modest, and also have...
- Strong Java development background, including knowledge of Java SDK and Spring
- Understanding of web applications
- Usage and development of Webservices, especially REST/SOAP
- Solid knowledge of industry-standard environments such as HTTP/HTTPS, JSON/XML and RESTful/SOAP Webservices
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical and solution design skills
- Speak some English
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring, J2EE, Microservices, JMS
- Professional experience in software development – using Agile methodology
- Experience with Maven, Jenkins, GIT and Jira
- Analytical thinking
- Reliability and responsibility
- Team player
- Ability to communicate (present in front of customers, within the team)
- Table foosball psycho/freak, Floorball player, Yoga guru, Blood donor, NERFighter, Climber…
Brief description of the company
A rather non-conventional, quite-progressive software development company, started in 2010 and led by people with 15+ years of experience in IT – which focuses on custom software development, integration, a long-term partnership form of outsourcing, and the development of startups.
We cooperate with top-notch foreign companies, which allows us to attract the best talent in town...
Want to grow? You'll really appreciate it.
HQ is based in our hometown of Košice, Slovakia, and extended by our branches in Southampton, UK and Buenos Aires, Argentina.
We have no foreign venturers or management. In other words, there is no one out there dictating to us what we can or can't do :)
So, what do you think? Will you help us bring the best jobs to our town, and enjoy it all with us?
Number of employees
Contact person: Tomas Textoris
WHO WE ARE A rather non-conventional, quite progressive software development company, started in 2010, led by people with 15+ years experience in IT, that focuses on custom software development, integration, a long-term partnership form of outsourcing, and the development of start-ups. We cooperate with top-notch foreign companies, which allows us to attract the best talent in town… Want to grow in your career? You’ll really appreciate our structure. We have no foreign investors or management.…Više o poslodavcu