At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
What you'll get to do...
As a Senior Manager - Device Payments, you will direct a team of Android engineers to build payment experiences for merchants and customers on GoDaddy Smart Payment Terminals. These payment experiences will be used by both internal and external Android developers building apps on the Poynt OS platform. You will drive solutions and execution with your team through research, development, testing, and release. Daily, you will manage your team’s sprint execution by helping to unblock your team and ensuring predictable delivery of engineering capacity to the business. You will work with your Product Management leaders to define and manage the roadmap.
- Partner with Product and Program Management to strategically prioritize and plan projects
- Build strong working relationships with internal customers to solve problems and facilitate the adoption of Poynt OS
- Balance project delivery requirements amidst operational challenges
- Mentor and provide regular feedback to engineers in design, architecture, development, quality, and career development
- Recruit and hire engineers and develop them into a growing, collaborative team
- Assist in business planning and strategy by focusing on business capabilities and maturity
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 4+ years of software engineering team management experience
- 5+ years of proven experience in developing Android applications
- Firm understanding of Android SDK (e.g. Intents, Content Providers, Services, Broadcast Receivers, AsyncTask, Handlers)
- Experience with multi-threaded development on Android platforms
- Strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Good level of English – both verbal and written
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
You might also have...
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs, and solution
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job Id: R016879
We’re the world’s largest web services platform. Our mission is to make opportunity more inclusive for all and fuel a new generation of entrepreneurial endeavors — commercial, civic, creative. Join our diverse collective of 9k+ employees across 47 global locations.Više o poslodavcu