Senior QA Engineer
Engineering - Belgrade
About the role
The Senior QA Engineer position is pivotal to Arbor’s commitment to deliver superb quality software to our customers. This role will work with the Principal Architect to define and implement the processes and tooling required to perform automated testing across all products and services, working with our Principal Architect and Platform team to ensure these processes are embedded and able to run as part of our Continuous Delivery pipelines. This role will also work across product delivery teams to understand feature requirements, and define a testing strategy and automated tests to ensure acceptance criteria are met.
Your key results will be measured by reducing change failure across all teams, creating technical documentation to support QA processes and implementing required tooling to enable automated testing.
Daily responsibilities as Senior QA will include:
- Defining and implementing testing strategy
- Working at all levels to replace non-scalable manual testing with automated testing software
- Designing, developing and executing automation scripts using open source tools
- Identifying, recording, documenting thoroughly and tracking bugs
- Performing thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Developing and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Tracking quality assurance metrics, like change failure rate and open defect counts
- Staying up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Remembering our users and that everything we are building is for them
- A minimum of 2 years in automated and manual testing
- Programming experience in either PHP or other C-based language
- Experience of BDD using Cucumber or similar tools
- Ability to write custom scripts to test API driven data
- Writing SQL queries to extract and validate data direct from database tables
- When you commit, you follow through, you do what you say without losing the details
- Clear reporting on issues found, how they impact the customer and clear steps for reproduction
- Experience working with Product Managers to understand business requirements, and define acceptance criteria and test strategies around them
- Experience with enterprise software development
- Experience working in a fast paced agile environment
What we offer
The chance to work alongside a team of hard-working, passionate people in a role where you’ll see the impact of your work everyday.
We also offer:
In addition to this you can expect the following:
- A personal budget for professional development
- Subscription to O’Reilly for Engineering training resources
- Frequent internal Tech Talks, opportunities to learn from colleagues, and dedicated time off to attend conferences or training
- Regular team socials, including weekly pool games (we’ve also done go-karting, white water rafting, and escape rooms)
- Free lunch in the office every day
- Flexible working - work remotely for up to 2.5 months each year (equivalent to 1 day per week). You can also work flexibly around our core hours if you need to
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Volunteer Days - take a day off each year to work with a charity of your choice
- Half day Fridays during UK school summer holidays, plus, we shut the office for a day at Easter and over Christmas
- We welcome dogs in our office!
Deadline for applications: 28.02.2020.