JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world over the last forty years.
JSI is currently seeking an outstanding Senior Technical Advisor for the USAID-funded Country Health Information System and Data Use (CHISU) global cooperative agreement. CHISU is a five year project designed to enhance host country capacity to produce high-quality health information, to optimally manage this information, and to institutionalize evidence-based decision-making. The project will work with USAID- supported host country health managers, health workers, and other stakeholders to strengthen the enabling environment of health information management and strategic planning in order to: improve harmonization of fragmented information systems, reduce duplication of data collection, and improve monitoring and tracking of a country’s own health trends and priorities.
CHISU is hiring a Senior Technical Advisor who will be embedded at the Institute of Public Health of Serbia "Dr Milan Jovanovic Batut" (IPH Batut) and responsible for Statistics, Standards and Architecture. The Senior Technical Advisor is an experienced statistician who will be engaged full-time in the Department of Informatics and Biostatistics within the IPH Batut and will assist with increased availability and interoperability of quality health data and information systems.
This is a full-time position based in Belgrade, Serbia.
- Develop, document, and refine operational processes, user manuals, system documentation and training materials for information systems deployed by IPH Batut;
- Guide implementation of interoperability requirements from the user perspective;
- Understand the needs of and train users to recognize benefits and impact of interoperability;
- Prepare and conduct test cases and environment tests for users;
- Promote gender equity in program implementation;
- Conduct public health statistical analyses over large data sets using R/SPSS/Stata, other statistical packages or specialized software;
- Present health data in the form of reports, records, and presentations, including tables, charts, dashboards and infographics.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the following disciplines: computer science, health informatics, software engineering, a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, and/or work experience is required;
- Professional competence to work in one of the statistical packages: SPSS, Stata or similar is required
- Basic knowledge of the field of public health is required;
- Five years of experience with working knowledge of Health IT standards is desirable;
- Five years of relevant experience with interoperability is desirable;
- Working knowledge and experience with agile software development is desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work closely and in an integrated manner with a multidisciplinary team is required;
- Ability to take initiative to produce expected results is required;
- Ability to work autonomously and with limited direct supervision in the management of day-to-day activities is required; and
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written Serbian and English is required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online.
Predstavnistvo JSI research and training institute Inc.
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world over the last forty years.Više o poslodavcu