SAP is a leader in business applications with most of the world’s biggest and best companies running our software. SAP products are used around the world to manage customer relationships, to bill, to buy, to hire, to inform decisions and to execute on them.
SAP Sales Cloud User Experience Team is looking for an experienced user researcher who can work closely with customers and conduct research activities remotely (or onsite) and conduct formal and/or ad-hoc usability studies to improve the product user experience.
We are looking for
Senior User Researcher
to join our team in Belgrade
He/she performs leading edge user research in form of field and usability lab studies. Fieldwork is based on observational techniques and applied anthropology methods. Lab activities are conducted via state of the art human performance measurement methods in the context of ISO9241 usability definition.
He/she identifies and drives opportunities to improve aspects of the software-development process related to user experience, including streamlining and automation.
Along with fellow members of the user-experience team, the user researcher has a key role in assuring best quality and best-practice UCD/Design Thinking is applied during the product development lifecycle.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Manage user research projects end to end from goals and objective setting to scheduling and status reports
- Select and apply appropriate research methods; develop and adapt research techniques as needed
- Prepare research proposals and research plans
- Design and execute user research activities, including field studies and/or lab studies with customers and potential new users
- Plan user research activities such as participant recruiting and scheduling, materials production, lab preparation, and other logistics
- Brief team of non-researchers that are part of the research activity on applied method(s), deliverables, roles, and procedure
- Discover and validate business and user requirements
- Conduct analysis and synthesis sessions with whole team and stakeholders who were part of the research activity
- Document and present findings and recommendations to cross-functional teams and stakeholders; strategize with stakeholders on how to act on research findings and synthesize requirements into effective use cases
- Lead design validation activities and report recommendations to stakeholders and follow-through
- Communicate effectively with customers as well as within UX and product management/development community
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Advanced degree in human-computer interaction, cognitive or experimental psychology or applied anthropology
- Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, e. g. designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data (field and lab-based research)
- Ability to moderate focus groups and facilitate workshops with larger groups
- Excellent analytical, oral, written, and visual communication skills
- Excellent communication skills, especially when communicating to customers
- Ability to collaborate actively and effectively in multidisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of and commitment to UCD principles and methods
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English are a must; additional language skills are a plus
- 5-8 years of experience doing user research and user experience conceptualization
- Design and specification of data-driven software in a high-tech industry
- Experience with enterprise software is a plus
- Knowledge in business administration, business processes, business economics
Deadline for applications: 21.05.2019.