Senior Web Developer Needed for Fast-Growing Health Company — Is That You?
Are you a passionate developer interested in cutting edge technologies? Are you excited by the idea of hundreds of thousands of people interacting with your code, being impacted by your work, and improving their health because of YOU?
How about working remotely with a growing Canadian company filled with opportunity?
We’re seeking a top Full Stack Developer with a minimum of 5 years of full-time experience who is sincerely interested in helping us with our mission to help people improve their bone density. And, one who loves to make a difference and wants to see that difference as measured by the latest marketing technologies.
You’ll work with our development team of 6, and our design team, to develop new pages and back-end APIs to high standards of quality and performance.
A Day In The Life
Below are a few of the tasks you can look forward to as you report to our Lead Developer:
- Start the day with a daily huddle between our dev team and project manager
- Collaborate with designers and our Agile dev team to create high-quality interactive web experiences
- Work with our QA team to ensure all work meets our high standards (both performance and visual standards)
- Implement pixel trackers for various ad platforms
- Work on e-commerce checkout, tracking, and automated reporting
- Build integrations with RESTful APIs into our CRM, CMS, and e-commerce systems
- Add new payment gateways
About half of our team of 70 are in our Vancouver, BC office, and the other half work from their homes. You will work remotely from Serbia while maintaining contact with your colleagues at our head office in Vancouver and other remote team members in the US!
What Do We Do?
AlgaeCal Inc, an online nutritional supplement company, is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. One of the reasons for that growth? We offer something no other company has: a natural, clinically-supported approach to bone loss. Bone scans show we’re actually increasing bone density in adults across the world and we need help to spread the word. That’s where you come in!
We’re the real deal…
The first thing you'll notice about AlgaeCal is our unique culture, hard-working but fun office environment (when you come visit us), and positive family spirit. In fact, you may find pretty quickly that AlgaeCal is a place you’ll want to spend the rest of your career. After all, we want all our employees to become ‘lifers’... no joke!
Just as we want to serve our customers, we want to serve you, our teammates (we call ourselves AlgaeBuds), and make sure that you enjoy your work every single day.
But don’t be confused. Being the real deal also means our standards are sky high and we don’t let just anyone into our family. When we say you’ll enjoy every single day you work here, there will surely be some challenging moments. (Let’s be real here, no job is perfect!)
But we promise you that every day you’ll have a moment... a moment of clarity or empowerment or a surge of adrenaline that will tell you that you’re doing what you love and are making a difference in this crazy, beautiful world.
What Will You Earn?
Let’s agree on salary and vacation once we know what you offer, but our goal is to pay above the market rate for your unique skills.
Required & Preferred Skills
To be successful here at AlgaeCal, you MUST be good with people. Being able to work well with a team is very important here.
From a technical perspective, here are the most important skills you’ll need:
- Significant experience with VueJS or another reactive framework (such as React)
- Experience with html5, css3, sass, webpack, nuxt, bootstrap, slim framework, lumen, git, RESTful services, and databases
- Understand Agile Software Development Methodology & Scrum Framework
Plus, we’ll be even more interested if you also have experience with any of the following:
- Templating languages
- Google Analytics
- Salesforce or other CRMs
- E-commerce systems
- RESTful services
- Payment gateways
- Cloud computing platforms such as gCloud or AWS
- Working with digital marketers
- Working on a team in a medium or large company
How To Apply
So, do you have what it takes to become the next member of Team AlgaeCal?
Job opportunities like this don’t come along often, and we’ve got a lot to offer our successful applicants. So, to make sure our future Full Stack Developer is the real-deal, will be a great fit, and will thrive at AlgaeCal, we ask a little more than your run-of-the-mill job application:
If this sounds like a position for you, please respond to this advertisement with your resume and cover letter. Please, read carefully:
1. Write a cover letter addressing:
- Why you're the best Full Stack Developer for this role. Give quantifiable examples of related achievements.
- Describe why you fit perfectly with our values. Read them: here
- What's the toughest challenge you’ve ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you’ve read?
- What do you do for fun?
2. Explain what you’re doing now for a job:
- If you don’t have one, explain why.
- If you have one, explain why you’re looking elsewhere.
Upload your cover letter and resume:
Ensure that your cover letter and resume are saved and sent as one file.
Yes, our hiring process is challenging, but it’s our way of selecting the best… and your way of ensuring your AlgaeCal teammates are tops.
Click the “Apply Now” button on this page and upload your cover letter and resume.
***Note: Please include your cover letter WITH your resume in one document. Applications without a cover letter will not be read!
We are looking to hire as soon as we find the right person, so act quickly and you can also expect a prompt response.
- Kanada, Vancouver, 401-1250 Homer St. Vancouver