Senior Web Developer
We’re hiring a Senior Developer to join our Belgrade team to help shape our ReactJS applications and websites, and Wordpress/NodeJS backends.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work.
ABOUT THE JOB
BREYTA is a software development agency with strong ties to Iceland. BREYTA means in Icelandic:
- Verb: to change something
- Noun: a variable
The Belgrade office has been open for 2,5 years now, but we are going through a rebranding with our new name, which we are quite proud of.
The Belgrade team consists of around 10 people, some of them designers, some developers, whose work has given rise to many Web applications, custom React and vanilla JS modules, custom Wordpress themes and widgets. You’ll join the team and work with them closely.
In broad terms, Belgrade team is responsible for the following:
- Designing, implementing, documenting, and maintaining front-end/back-end systems for multiple applications and websites
- Building websites back-ends on top of Wordpress REST API
- Building application back-ends in NodeJS/Typescript
- Solving development problems with commited work and open discussion in code reviews
- Assisting Design team with front-end decisions and participating in Design Sprints
At the heart of our Development team are code reviews. We value the ones who can take a stand, but understand the value in others being heard. As a member of the Development team at Breyta, you’ll have the freedom and autonomy to do your best work, inspire and lead other team members, and plenty of support from us along the way. You’ll learn from us and we’ll learn from you.
Here are some things we’ve worked on recently that might give you a better sense of what you’ll be doing day to day:
- Working on a ReactJS-based dashboard web application
- Building and shipping to production GatsbyJS based website
- Building NodeJS/Typescript REST application
- Researching new web technologies and their potential implementation in the existing/future projects
- Review the code of other team members
- And many more..
PAY AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is 2.000€ - 3.200€, based on seniority. We assess seniority relative to the team at Breyta during the interviewing process.
Benefits at Breyta are all about helping you have a healthy life - work balance. Friendly office environment with flexible working hours speaks in favour of this. The biggest room in our office is a chill room! We have a ping-pong table!
The things you can count on are the top-notch equipment and private health care.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an application electronically.
You’ll hear from us in a 1-2 weeks about whether you’ve advanced to the written code review part of the application process. If so, you’ll submit some code you’re proud of, review it, and tell its story. Then on to an interview. Our interviews are around one hour, with your future colleagues. We’ll talk through some of your code, speak about relevant technologies and share our opinions on them. We will then make an official offer to the selected candidate.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline for applications: 07.03.2020.