Position Title: Social Media Manager
Duty Location: Belgrade
Duration: 10 months
Type of Employment: Full- Time
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC seeks to be an operational and inspiring leader in matters of resettlement, asylum, and integration, demonstrating its credibility and expertise as a leading service provider, partner and advocate across the arc of the global displacement crisis.
Across Europe, the IRC delivers programs that address acute humanitarian needs of asylum-seekers and other vulnerable migrants who are newly arrived, stranded or in transit, and programs that address their longer-term integration needs.
In response to the increased number of people on the move from 2015, the IRC began responding in the Balkans to assist vulnerable refugees, asylum seekers and migrants. Since the conflict in Ukraine started and consequent displacement into neighboring countries from February 2022, the programs are established to address the most pressing needs of people on the move across the South-east Europe. IRC continues to use its voice and expertise to increase safe and legal pathways, ensure protection and improve the quality of resettlement, asylum and integration services. The programs are implemented in close partnership with local non-governmental organizations and governmental institutions.
Refugee Info is a digitally enabled responsive information service that supports and empowers populations in crisis, including asylum seekers, migrants, and people who have experienced violence. Our program equips people with information to understand their options so that they can make informed decisions about how to stay safe, get urgent care for acute problems, exercise their rights, and access services. It was developed by the IRC and Mercy Corps in 2015 to address asylum seekers’ and migrants’ pressing need for reliable information upon arrival to Greece, and is now active in 15 countries on 5 continents.
It meets communities on the digital platforms they already use and aims to deliver information that is contextualized to their specific needs and speaks to their lived realities. This approach draws on evidence that people are more likely to trust and act on information that is responsive to their needs, speaks to their lived realities, and that comes from “peers” rather than authority figures.
The Social Media Manager creates and oversees social media content, procedures and standards across social media channels with the objective of reaching people at scale with the information they need, on the platforms they already use. S/he is responsible for building, engaging and retaining an audience on social media and leads the implementation of targeted, context specific social media strategies including social media engagement and content optimization.
- Establish clear, context specific social media strategies and standards and ensure staff are trained in and able to use them.
- Create, tweak and maintain social media SOPs and guidelines to ensure the project continuously shares accurate, timely and relevant information across its social media channels, including establishing processes to ensure that information content is continuously up to date and that new developments are captured in a timely manner.
- Research, define, create and update user-centric multimedia content for social media channels.
- Create, manage and update content calender.
- Manage and update social media tools ( Facebook pages, Facebook Buisiness Suit, Facebook Ad Manager, Page Manager and Instagram, etc).
- Provide critical information to the social media users, respond to their queries timely,
- Work closely with Senior Editorial Manager in preparing and tailoring information content for deployment across social media channels.
- Work closely with Social Media Manager to ensure contents are following RI standards.
- Continuously monitor web and social media performance indicators, flag criticalities and propose improvements to the communication and marketing strategy.
- Maintain close working relationship with Protection Advisors to ensure all editorial team protection concerns receive appropriate technical oversight and input.
- Define, implement, and monitor digital advertising campaigns.
- Maintain and develop cutting-edge knowledge of current global and local social media content best practice and make recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, Multimedia, communications or equivalent combination of background and experience
- 3 years of experience in social media management, content management, tools, techniques.
- Experience developing and implementing social media strategies for diverse audiences.
- Previous experience managing social media marketing campaigns in a non-profit organizations, media outlet, public relations firm, advertising agency or related.
- Previous experience on the audio-visual, photo, and graphic designing tools (Adobe Creative Clouds, Canva or other relevant tools)
- An eye for photography and perception of what makes an image or story resound with different audiences.
- Innate understanding of the digital landscape, social media platforms, tools and what makes digital content work.
- Solid experience analyzing data and audience behavior to inform content creation.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to successfully work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a humanitarian organization is a plus.
This position will be based out in Belgrade, Serbia.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
All interested applicants can send their CV and Cover Letter electronically.
International Rescue Committee
- Srbija, Beograd, Bulevar Despota Stefana 11/2
- PIB: 109273000
- Matični broj: 28900546