NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Software Developer (C++)
LOCATION: BELGRADE, SERBIA
- Develop high quality software which meets requirements, promote re-use of software components and facilitates ease of support.
- Diagnose, isolate, and implement remedies for system failures caused by errors in software code.
- Follow a prescribed software development process based on Scrum
- Identify and implements process improvements
- Utilize software based system maintenance and tracking tools.
- Conduct unit tests, track problems, and implement changes to ensure adherence to test plan and functional/non-functional requirements
- Analyse, design and implement software mechanisms to improve code stability, performance, and re-usability. Participate and lead code review sessions.
- Create high fidelity estimates of their own work efforts and assist others in estimating task effort and dependencies. Be co-responsible for team commitments within the Sprint.
- Apply good debugging and troubleshoot techniques to understand and resolve defects found in software.
- Stay current with technology, disseminate knowledge to team members, form best practices.
- Create high quality documentation as required like functional specifications; unit test specifications.
- Provide input and technical content for technical documentation, user help materials and customer training.
- Becoming familiar with Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma Lean principles.
- When required, travel to customer sites (usually for no longer than one week at a time) and work with customers on project related activities
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have excellent C++ programming skills
- Have excellent communication skills (English is essential).
- Have excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Have good understanding of design patterns, system design, object oriented design and UML.
- Be a self-starter, able to use his/her own initiative to get things done.
- Be reliable, enthusiastic and have a can-do attitude towards achieving the teams objectives
- Be passionate about technology and how it can be used to make the everyday easier.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience in software design and development
- Experience with C++ development
- Good understanding of Software Development and Quality Assurance best practices
- Availability to travel within Europe (up to 20% of the time, usually for short duration, no more than one week at a time)
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Deadline for applications: 08.03.2020.