Arcadis Gen is the new SaaS business from Arcadis, backed by a €3bn+ revenue, 27,000-person, 70-country, 130-year-old company. We are bold, dynamic, and disruptive, revolutionizing the future of digital asset management through our 250+ colleagues in over 10 countries worldwide.
Gen has one purpose: to unlock the power of data for a more sustainable, efficient, and resilient world. The world is rapidly changing, and the potential of boundless data and transformative technologies brings countless challenges. And no-one is meeting these challenges quite like we are. Our customers want digital solutions that will optimize their businesses – for better performance, reliability, and improved quality of life for everyone. And that is what we do.
Gen is looking for a Software product developer to work within development team on the Software-as-a-Service platform and applications built on top of that platform. You will be expected to be comfortable working with both backend and frontend technologies.
You will work within a high-performing Agile team that is highly self-organising, and you will be expected to fit in to the self-starting, highly-motivated team ethos. You will work along side your fellow team members, and report progress to the scrum master and the product owner.
- Building cool stuff: Build features that deliver user value; fix bugs and make sure they stay fixed for ever. Collaborate with subject-matter experts to find the best possible solution. Demonstrate your work to stakeholders in sprint review sessions
- Discover, learn and apply new technologies: Help keeping the business cutting edge by working with hot-off-the-press frameworks and features. Learn, learn, learn, and then tell the team what we should be doing. Have a can-do attitude and an enthusiasm for software technology
- Work with an agile team: Contribute to standard sprint ceremonies (planning, refinement, reviews and retrospectives). Assist the test engineers with the testing of the code you develop. Communicate what you’re doing with all the other members of the team, especially the other developers
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with the multidisciplinary teams within Gen and extend to include partnering with a wide cross section of other groups from academia to start ups and the wider community at large. This role will work closely with wider ecosystem and platform partners to ensure Gen both generously shares and takes advantage of available leverage and synergies, to each parties’ mutual benefit
- Mid-level full stack developer to deliver against user stories which meet the agreed sprint goal and the acceptance criteria of the stories and technical specification of the architecture owner
- Collaboration with testers to ensure that newly developed features are tested in a timely manner and meet quality standards
- Write automated tests for as much of your code as feasible – we aim for 100% coverage where practical
- Code reviews for other team members to ensure that coding standards are maintained
- Input into the refinement of stories during backlog refinement sessions, including tasking up of stories ready for estimation
Key Relationships, Collaborations and Connections
This role reports to architecture owner, scrum master and product owner, but as always in Agile teams, your key responsibility is to your other team members. You will work primarily with team members in Serbia and UK as well as other Arcadis Gen offices.
What You Bring
The ideal candidate will be familiar with modern software development practices and coding standards. It is not necessary to have worked with our specific technologies, but it is preferable to have worked in closely related areas. Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and adapt are more important than experience; we want you to grow and develop in Arcadis Gen, rather than arriving fully formed. It is beneficial but not essential for you to have worked in an Agile delivery team in the past.
We are looking for someone who possesses:
- Technical related degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English
- 2+ years in professional experience in software development
- Experience with Git
- Experience with unit and integration testing (Junit, Jasmine)
- Experience with relational databases
Following skills are considered as a PLUS:
- Experience with document databases
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of GoF design patterns
- Experience with Anywhere Maximo
- Experience with Scrum methodology
A commitment to the principles of flexible working to enable you to have your ideal work-life integration A series of Healthy Working Practices across Gen, including Thinking Thursdays, a day dedicated each week to minimising meetings and maximising opportunities to reduce the Arcadis Gen load.
Social events (virtual for the time-being) and gratitude programmes, including vouchers on your birthday
An environment with the innovative culture and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up, but with the security of a new venture backed by a large publicly listed company.
And of course, compensation and performance incentive schemes which reward superior delivery.
Leading healthcare, financial and wellbeing benefits, with support for learning and professional development.
Discover the next generation Bold, disruptive, experimental - the pioneers of what's possible. Changing how we think to create a better tomorrow. We are Arcadis Gen.Launching in spring 2020, Arcadis Gen is the new digital business from Arcadis, SEAMS and EAMS Group Our Story Arcadis Gen specialises in working with clients to enable them to achieve their strategic objectives, as they reach new heights in business performance, asset reliability and performance, efficiency and effectiveness…Više o poslodavcu