Reporting to: Software Team Lead
WHAT TO EXPECT
The lead software engineer will be responsible for
- Software engineer on a team of approx. 6 engineers initially, to design and develop core features and web applications within the successful Kelvatek cloud services group. This includes analysis, design, build, test, code reviews, release, monitoring, support and documentation of solutions within a microservices architecture.
- Collaborate with the technical lead and software engineers within the team and in other engineering centres, to ensure technical alignment and end to end delivery. Proactively provide recommendations regarding the systems and software.
- Co-ordinate with the Product Owner, to understand and align to business objectives and priorities. Participating in project planning sessions and providing estimates within an Agile (SCRUM) development process
- Contribute to discussions, share knowledge and provide recommendations on how to improve the systems, software, technology and team.
- Collaborate with backend software engineers to improve usability and optimise user experience
- Create quality mockups and prototypes then elicit feedback from stakeholders (internal or external)
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and help to develop UI/UX principles/guidelines within the company.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience building complex digital technology solutions
- Experience with web application UI/UX design and development using popular frameworks
- Experience Designing UX/UI solutions for various screen sizes, platforms and different performance capabilities.
- Experience of building and releasing web apps (grunt, gulp, webpack)
- Experience writing unit/functional tests using libraries e.g Cypress, Mocha, expect.js
- Experience using relational databases e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of web servers and deployment on Linux platform
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment with ability to adapt to various technologies and situations
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems such as Ubuntu/Redhat/CentOS
- Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably Git
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
The following skills will be valuable but are not essential:
- Experience using design patterns
- Familiarity upgrading applications to latest technologies (e.g. Angular.js to Vue.js)
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker or Podman
- Experience building web applications using Java (Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Hibernate/JPA),
- Experience in functional programming using Java 8 or other languages
- Experience working in an Agile environment with Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Experience with NoSQL databases e.g. MongoDB, Neo4j
- Knowledge of Microservices, Cloud services
- Familiarity with at least one of these LESS/Sass/Stylus CSS pre-processors;
- Familiarity with IaaS/PaaS services (AW, Azure).
- We work together - We know that working collaboratively will help us reach our shared goals faster, so we always look for ways to help each other.
- We believe in people - Here at Camlin, our people are central to what we do and what we can achieve. And as we move towards becoming industry and customer ‘partners’ that’s even more important. We trust our team members to do their best and be supportive.
- We won’t accept the ‘way it’s always been done’ - Since Camlin’s inception, we’ve been curious, inquisitive and always want to improve. Thinking differently is in our DNA and we love solving tough challenges.
- We listen to learn - Whether it’s our customers, our markets, or each other, we ask questions and listen to the answers so we can learn and improve.
- We’re trying to do the right thing - We take responsibility for our actions and take decisions based on what’s right for people, profit and planet.
Camlin is a global technology leader that operates with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail, and also has interests in a number of R&D projects in a variety of scientific sectors.
At Camlin we believe in high quality engineering and design, allowing us to develop market leading products and services. In short, we love creating value for our customers by solving difficult problems.
As of today, the Camlin operation spans over 20 countries across the globe.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Package
- Smart / Remote Working
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Medical insurance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Individuals seeking employment at Camlin are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- Ujedinjeno Kraljevstvo, Inostranstvo, 31 Ferguson Drive