Reference: JWSRB 0721-02
Camlin is a global technology leader that operates with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail, and also has interests in a number of R&D projects in a variety of scientific sectors.
At Camlin we believe in high quality engineering and design, allowing us to develop market leading products and services. In short, we love creating value for our customers by solving difficult problems.
As of today, the Camlin operation spans over 20 countries across the globe,
Camlin Group is looking for talented software developers to join its market-leading design teams in Serbia. The successful applicants can expect to join a growing development team. While being able to work closely with others he or she will also need to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
Role and Responsibilities:
The software engineer for java and web, will be responsible for the implementation and support of new and existing web applications for internal or external customers. This will involve working in a team to develop software and unit tests following an agile methodology.
- Developing high quality software as well as unit and component tests within a continuous integration environment
- Co-ordinating with the Product Owner, team members and other stakeholders to meet business objectives
- Participating in project planning sessions and providing estimates
- Understanding the product and domain to write technical specifications
- Configuring and maintaining deployment environments
- Participating in end to end system QA testing
- Investigating new technologies and continually improving and updating their technical knowledge and skills
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in object-oriented programming using Java and Java EE technologies
- Experience building Java based web applications using Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Hibernate/JPA
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Experience writing unit/functional tests using libraries like JUnit, Mockito, etc.
- Experience in relational databases e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge of web servers and deployment on Linux platform
- Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- EU Passport holder
- Experience in functional programming using Java 8 or other languages
- Experience using Angular 4+, vue.js or react.js
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems such as Ubuntu/Redhat/CentOS
- Experience with container technologies such as docker or podman
- Experience with the IntelliJ IDEA for software development.
- Experience with web application UI/UX design and development using popular frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Experience with one or more scripting language e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby
- Experience working in an Agile environment with Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Experience with NoSQL databases e.g. MongoDB, Neo4j
- Knowledge of Microservices, Cloud services
- We work together - We know that working collaboratively will help us reach our shared goals faster, so we always look for ways to help each other.
- We believe in people - Here at Camlin, our people are central to what we do and what we can achieve. And as we move towards becoming industry and customer ‘partners’ that’s even more important. We trust our team members to do their best and be supportive.
- We won’t accept the ‘way it’s always been done’ - Since Camlin’s inception, we’ve been curious, inquisitive and always want to improve. Thinking differently is in our DNA and we love solving tough challenges.
- We listen to learn - Whether it’s our customers, our markets, or each other, we ask questions and listen to the answers so we can learn and improve.
- We’re trying to do the right thing - We take responsibility for our actions and take decisions based on what’s right for people, profit and planet.
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Smart / Remote Working
- Wellness programmes
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin Group wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
- Ujedinjeno Kraljevstvo, Inostranstvo, 31 Ferguson Drive