Software Engineer / Web Developer
Duty Station: Belgrade, Serbia
Vacancy Notice No: CVN 2020/12 (re-issued)
Classification: Consultancy, non-staff
Type of Appointment: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Within the EU funded project “EU Support to Migration Management in Serbia – Improving reception capacity, protection services and access to education” IOM Belgrade is seeking for qualified candidates for the positions of Software Engineer / Front-end Developer. In particular the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Prepare and develop analytical tools and reports
- Integrate third party systems via APIs
- Support maintenance of and training on all technologies used for information systems.
- Provide technical support to project staff who collect data
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Support the reporting and analysis of data for donors and other stakeholders. Ensure data consistency and provide statistical information and mapping
- All other tasks which may arise during the implementation of the project component.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School and any other technical degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information Technology, Database Management, Software Development, Mathematics or a related field
- University degree in the above fields from an accredited academic institution is advantage
- Hands on experience with markup languages
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Experience in producing, testing and debugging highly maintainable code
- Strong IT background
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a team
- Experience in relevant topics such as migration, displacement, and humanitarian assistance would be an asset
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills;
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team;
- High level of organization;
- Willingness to maintain strict guidelines of confidentiality;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards.
- Actively shares relevant information
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Fluency in English and Serbian
How to apply
Interested candidates to submit their applications as soon as possible by sending IOM Personal History form in English language available at https://serbia.iom.int/vacancy, and a motivation letter, not more than one page, electronically.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 08.03.2020.