Software Support Engineer
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
The Software Support Engineer works in partnership with clients, fixing product bugs, advising them on how to use product technology and changing configuration setup to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. The candidate needs technical knowledge, needs to be customer-oriented and ready to provide quick but quality solutions to satisfy customer needs.
High level responsibilities include:
- Providing software support and consultancy to clients (may involve debugging code)
- Troubleshooting software issues using Java technologies and relational databases
- Setting up customer environment to reproduce customer reported issues
- Proper usage of defined incident management process
- Ready to create required documentation (for e.g. knowledge articles, corrective and preventive actions and incident reports)
- Offer input as a subject matter expert on products, systems and services supported
- Knowledgeable on assigned product solution(s) and can investigate issues and very infrequently require assistance
- Very knowledgeable on specific areas of solution(s) to SME level and can assist others with investigations
- Mentoring and assisting support peers in product and systems technical details and management of issues
- Basic knowledge and support of 3rd party products used within customer solutions
- Design corrective and preventive actions to resolve product or system problems with no known solutions
- Gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypothesis
- Identify, design, develop and validate solution
- Ability to research problems with no known solutions and design solutions for identified problems
- Collaborate and communicate with other Support Engineers, 3rd Party Suppliers, SW Development Engineers, Solutions Managers and Professional Services as appropriate; whilst maintaining ownership of incident
- Ability to document root cause analysis and implement closed loop corrective action
- Enhance customer experience by dealing with all incidents professionally and adhering to SLAs
- Ensure customers are kept updated (proactively) with status of investigation as per SLA guidelines
- Follow internal processes and keep tools updated to provide status of incidents
- Create knowledge articles where appropriate so that future incidents are resolved sooner
- Ability to manage multiple issues (prioritization) which may be at differing stages of investigation
- Manage customer escalations
- High school and/or University in any faculty (IT will be provided preference)
- 6 years’ software related job experience (support/development)
BUSINESS AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Understanding of the payments industry for e.g. Authorization, ATM & POS Terminal Driving and Switching
- Knowledge of ISO 8583 and XML
- Knowledge of relational databases with some SQL programming experience
- Knowledge of Java programming language
- A broad understanding of technology – both infrastructure and application
- Ability to understand business processes and business problems
- Ability to understand and capture business and technical requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment composed of peers and members
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent inter-personal and relationship building skills
- Ability to be available for 7-24 on call if required (not often, extra payed)
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
STATEMENT TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Deadline for applications: 08.02.2020.
Znate li nekog ko bi bio odličan za ovaj posao?
Prosledite mu oglas!