Cubicles.com provides office furniture and related services to corporate America. We’ve spent the last 20+ years building and maintaining a network of manufacturers, designers, contractors and facilities allowing us to cater to the commercial office, the home office, and everything in between.
Space Planner - Office Interior Design
As an office space planner you’ll work closely with our USA sales & design team. You’ll provide assistance interpreting and producing effective office designs and furniture layouts. You’ll help create meaningful client engagements that win their hearts, minds and ultimately their projects. Tasks are often under tight deadlines, so a natural sense of urgency is necessary to succeed.This role primarily consists of space planning for commercial office environments. Specifically, creating 2D plans with unified design solutions for the placement of office furniture (cubicles, desks, reception, conference, seating, etc.) within the parameters of a building’s existing walls, columns, windows, HVAC, etc.
Your designs will thoughtfully consider customer preferences, organizational workflows and building codes. You may at times create 3D renderings to help complete a winning bid package, but it won’t be the primary focus of your work. Office furniture is often modular/multi-components, so a math-oriented technical mind that enjoys “fitting together all the puzzle pieces” is necessary to succeed.
You’ll work with various types of customer-provided plans. Sometimes they’ll be professionally created CAD files from a building contractor or architect. Sometimes they’ll be hand sketches that you’ll need to transcribe into our architectural software. Sometimes they’ll be fully developed with interior elements already in place (nonstructural walls, doors, hallways, etc.) and sometimes it will be a raw open space where you’ll need to define these elements. Creativity & flexibility are necessary to succeed.
If hired, we provide an onboarding program that can last up to 8 weeks, depending on how quickly you’re able to learn and produce. During this period you’ll work with a department manager and a co-working mentor to help show you the ropes. You’ll be introduced to our website, training tools and practice documents, office space planning theory, company protocols, remote online meeting applications, Giza/20-20 office design software, and much more. ROOM FOR GROWTH:
If you excel as an office space planner and demonstrate the interest and talent for more, you might be placed on a track to become a project manager (or other roles, depending on your skillset). This requires, at minimum:
A willingness to absorb anything and everything about the commercial office furniture industry, a keen understanding of our products & services, consistently accurate and well-constructed furniture plans, a strong ability to communicate effectively, a proactive service-minded approach to customer interactions, the ability to show up & meet deadlines, the ability to self-manage and lead others, a business/sales sensibility about list prices, dealer costs, markups and profitability… and above all else, common sense.
Your engagement will be with a USA based company, governed by a general labor contract that will be performance and time based, defined by mutual agreement.
Please tell us about your ability to meet the following requirements in a brief cover letter as your expression of interest in this position:
- # 1 LANGUAGE - Are you proficient in American English? Are you stronger verbally or in writing?
- # 2 WORK TYPE - This role is full time and permanent/long term. Is this consistent with your objectives?
- # 3 SCHEDULE – Our office is headquartered in NYC and is open for business Mon-Fri 8AM-6PM (EST/GMT-5). We expect all remote team members, regardless of personal time zone, to be able to work during most or all these hours. If you’re located in the Eurozone, do you have experience working the “night shift”? How well will it fit into your lifestyle?
- # 4 REMOTE CULTURE – We’re very face to face: we like to stay connected to each other by webcam and microphone in our online meeting spaces. Your virtual presence is essential for effective team collaboration. Please tell us if you’re camera shy and/or how you feel about seeing & being seen on camera during working hours.
- # 3 INTERNET ACCESS – A high speed/broadband internet connection is crucial for this work. Working remotely means connecting to our US located computers and staying connected in our virtual office. Please go to www.speedtest.net and include your result with your submission.
- # 6 SKILLSET – This work demands a high degree of architectural/CAD proficiency. Please tell us about your CAD experience. Did you learn CAD in school? Have you worked with it professionally? Do you have any other skills or experience that you think might set you apart from other applicants?
Deadline for applications: 22.02.2020.