The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
The Supply Chain Planning Officer processes requisition orders according to ICRC logistics and financial procedures. Regularly keeps the customers informed about the progress of their requests, records and files all documentations pertaining to the process of the order, registers and transmits customer’s claims and remarks, updates the logistics dashboards and provides required statistics. He / She contributes to the ICRC Logistics supply chain support to operations.
The BSSC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Supply Chain Officer
- Regularly provide an update of orders to customers, especially concerning problem items and anticipated delayed deliveries
- Follow up on movement of goods and transportation
- Investigating, solving and following up customers complaints
- Back order review and order completion follow up
- Follow up of acknowledgement of receipt of orders
- Follow up of urgent or stock out medical items with the Medical purchasers
- Improving/ implementing customer service procedures, policies and standards
- Follow up of import/export permits
- Monthly review of short expiry items
- Kitting – creation of work orders (WOs), hard committing of items on WOs, monitoring stock levels
- Participate in warehouse stock taking and reconciliation
- Identify slow moving items and propose them to customers for use
- Technical degree in Logistics, Administration or equivalent
- Previous experience in Administration or within a Supply Chain Logistics department
- Experience/Background in the medical sector is an asset
- Good knowledge of the supply chain
- Fluent in spoken and written English, French an asset
- Computer literacy, good knowledge of MS Office.
- Solid knowledge of ERP systems
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting international humanitarian environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is 04.04.2019.