Ball Corporation is a supplier of high quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer – focused employees share Ball’s high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandma used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball’s largest business is the manufacture of recyclable beverage cans and ends. A lot of engineering and technology goes into making beverage
packaging at speeds of more than 2,000 cans a minute. We operate beverage can facilities in the America, Europe and Asia – about one in every four beverage cans in the world is made by Ball – and our products are used by the most recognizable beverage brands in the world.
Ball Aerocan, a division of Ball Corporation, leverages its diverse manufacturing capabilities to deliver best-in-class aerosol packaging to our customers worldwide. As the leading supplier in Europe, Ball Aerocan manufactures aluminum aerosol cans, bottles and slugs for customers in the personal care, pharmaceutical, beverage and food industries. Ball Aerocan operates several manufacturing plants in Europe, India and America.Our plants achieves a high production efficiency to deliver the best quality aluminium containers.
Ball Aerocan is currently looking for a motivated and nimble person for the position:
(Location: GBS Belgrade)
Primary purpose of position:
Leads sustainability efforts for the Division; provides input to and implements sustainability strategy, tools, communication and procedures; measures and reports on sustainability performance, programs, activities and impacts. Co-ordinates with other Ball divisions and the represents Ball externally in meetings and via membership of working groups and other industry bodies and promotes the sustainability credentials of aerosol cans and Ball; manages special projects that elevate Ball’s sustainability profile. Champions sustainability internally, including improved energy, gas and water utilization at Ball Aerosol Manufacturing facilities.
Reports to: Director, Global Innovation, Sustainability & Business Development
- Provides input to and delivers Ball communication strategies in conjunction with the corporate communications and commercial teams. Communicates sustainability campaigns to internal and external stakeholders.
- Promotes sustainability credentials of our products and our company, representing Ball and providing thought leadership in meetings and conferences with customers, retailers, suppliers, non-governmental organizations and opinion leaders, focusing on corporate and product sustainability, thus supporting the commercialization of Ball’s sustainability efforts.
- Partners with key stakeholders to shape and monitor packaging and packaging waste-related policy opportunities and risks, injecting Ball’s perspectives into policy-related discussions and ensuring that we are seen as a trusted and leading contributor to policy formation.
- Creates partnerships and programs to increase metal packaging recycling rates in major regional markets.
- Provides analytical insight and leadership to help determine Ball's future direction and initiatives in the areas of operational excellence, greenhouse gas emissions and other environmental targets.
- Stays current with technologies to manage environmental impacts and with wider trends in social behavior and communication around sustainability, including competitor and customer activity. Briefs the Senior Management Teams.
- Ensures monthly and annual operational sustainability data across all businesses collected in line with related procedures and consolidated and reported timely, accurately and complete.
- Manages Ball Aerosols annual sustainability data and greenhouse gas emissions inventory and determines progress against Ball’s science-based target. Coordinates the annual external assurance process.
- Oversees and ensures the effective use of Enablon, Ball’s sustainability data management tool, from a Ball Aerosol perspective. Provides day-to-day support to Enablon users as needed.
- Completes and submits external sustainability assessments, including LCAs, which can include extensive information and data gathering and getting executive level approval for proposed responses.
- Works closely with operations, commercial, sourcing, innovation, and corporate communications.
- Degree level scientific, environmental, materials science or engineering qualification
- 5 years min post grad experience in a similar positions preferable within FMCG industry
- Experience within the plastic packaging industry is a distinct advantage
- Fluent in English language
- German, French a distinct advantage
- Microsoft office
- SAP useful
Competencies within the position
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing skills
- Relationship builder/networker
- Experience in representing company interests at an industry level a distinct advantage
- Understands environmental issues of the packaging sector in general and competing substrates
- Knowledge of both plastic and metal
- Familiar with the current environmental debates around plastic, recycled content, LCA, etc.
- Understands the wider environmental picture (other industries, social and communication trends)
- Has in-depth technical expertise around packaging life cycle assessments (LCA), incl. methodologies and allocation rules
- Is proactive and dynamic
- Can adapt to different environments, cultures
- Committed to the success of the overall business and passionate about metal packaging
If you are interested in the above position and your profile fits with the
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 13.12.2018.
Ball Global Business Services EMEA d.o.o.
- Srbija, Beograd, Milutina Milankovića 9e
- PIB: 110102813
- Matični broj: 21297992