Want to learn about biometric verification and work with the latest generation smart phone technologies? Interested in learning new platforms and new technology? This is the job for you! Daon is an innovative provider of award-winning biometric identity assurance software products and services focused on meeting the needs of governments and large commercial organizations worldwide. We are currently looking for highly motivated Systems Engineer to join the IT team in our new Belgrade office.
This position forms part of the global IT and cybersecurity team. The purpose of the role is to provide and maintain technical support for Daon’s staff and IT infrastructure including firewalls, web servers, and systems in Dublin and remote locations for all users – up to 150 users. This role will also involve shared responsibility for user support and IT systems support in other locations as required including our Belgrade, Dublin and Canberra, Australia offices. Daon is ISO 27001:2013 certified and maintains a comprehensive Information Security Management System (ISMS). The position reports to the IT & Security Manager who is based in our Fairfax, VA, USA location.
- Provide onsite management of IT infrastructure to include network devices, iSCSI storage, VMware hosts, wireless devices
- IT security responsibility to include daily review of security logs, maintaining patch level of systems & devices, stay current on technology and security topics and recommending enhancements to security practice
- Provide onsite technical support to users
- Support and configure new hires through the on boarding process
- Provide technical support within Daon as required for various projects and new business
- Install, configure, and support the LANs, remote users, and Internet systems
- Maintain network and workstation/ hardware and software
- Responsible for laptops/tablets/mobile devices and any future technological device support and security
- Liaise and coordinate with internal or external IT Support functions in other locations
- Update & create support documentation and helpdesk knowledgebase
- Work with your manager to plan for the annual IT budget in your region