The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
Information management allows to acquire, organize, preserve, protect and communicate the information, whatever its form, to enable the organization to perform its mission in an optimal way. The Information Management Unit (IM), situated within the Archives and Information Management Division, is the ICRC's reference unit for managing information throughout the organization.
Amongst the different activities, it proposes assistance and support to accompany ICRC staff in the use of information management platforms, such as communication tools, Intranet environments, collaborative spaces, enterprise search engines and records management systems.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center (BSSC) is created to provide a global support service to the ICRC worldwide operations. In this context, the IM L2 Application support team, brings its expertise and skills to solve problems in the use of the IM platforms. It answers the various requests and incidents on these platforms reported by ICRC staff throughout the world.
The BSSC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Team Leader / Information Management (IM)
Application Support Administrator
- For 50% of the time
- Manages the priorities and the plan of action for 3-4 persons
- Organizes the shift from 7am to 7pm
- Resolves conflicts with users
- Acts as a focal point for the head of IM unit
- Is responsible of the quality of knowledge base
- For 50% of the time
- Ensures 2nd level support in the functional area of Information Management applications to the end-user ICRC worldwide from 7am to 7pm
- Answers to the requests and resolves the incidents on the platforms managed by IM Unit
- Ensures a good collaboration with all the ICT teams involved in IM System production
- Escalates unsolved and/or complex cases or evolutions to the project and maintenance team in Geneva
- Is responsible of the follow-up of the requests/incidents
- Contributes to the establishing of a comprehensive Knowledge Database, i.e. cases correctly documented and updated in timely manner
- Participates to the test for the production move for AIM Tools
- Produces reports on the different types of activities and on the delays
- Degree in Information Management System, Economics, Business or Technical Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience on managing a team of 2-5 persons
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in service desk procedures and supporting end-users (knowledge of Ticketing tool an asset),
- Knowledge of MS Ecosystem (Outlook, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM); knowledge of Open Text and Web Content Management system is an asset
- Very good command of English, French language an asset
- Knowledge / aptitude: good communication skills, great autonomy, strong sense of rigor and of result, analytical and synthesis skills, respect for humanitarian values, eager to share information and knowledge, excellent listening skills
- End-user service oriented, well-organized, open-minded and adaptable
- Well organized, able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize, capacity to work under pressure
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting international humanitarian environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is 08.05.2019.