ABOUT THE AFRICAN LEADERSHIP GROUP
In 2035, Africa will have the largest workforce in the world and will need to catalyze transformation by empowering its largest untapped resource - its people. Fueled by this, the African Leadership Group is an ecosystem of institutions with a shared moonshot vision to harness Africa's abundant human capital and transform the continent and the world by selecting, developing, and investing in 3 million ethical and entrepreneurial leaders by 2035. ALG was founded over 15 years ago by Fred Swaniker, a serial entrepreneur recognized by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people of 2019 and his partners. The Group has also been recognized by Fast Company when ALU was awarded as 2019's most innovative company in Africa for "remaking education for a new era". As a Group, our focus is to continue scaling this mission at a pace never seen
ABOUT ALX & THE ROOM
ALX is a Leadership Development platform driven by an audacious goal to develop 3 million young leaders over the next 15 years. ALX offers a revolutionary learning model that empowers young leaders across Africa to unlock their potential by instilling 21st-century skills and mindsets that equip them to tackle challenges, capture and create opportunities for millions more to accelerate their impact in Africa and beyond.
Building the next big thing - Just as Netflix leverages algorithms to match us with personalised recommendations for film, as Spotify does for music and as does Amazon for shopping; The Room will use thousands of data points to catalogue the capabilities, passions and aspirations of the world's top talent; and use this insight to match this talent to each other and to opportunities that can accelerate their impact.
We have plans to scale to 10-15 million members in the next few years" - Excerpt from Fred's note
ABOUT THE JOB
The mission of the Technology Team is to build the technology platform that will enable us to connect our talent to opportunities at scale when we reach our community of 10M members from across the world.
As a Full Stack Developer within the Tech Team, your role will be to support in building a world-class technology platform to enable us to meet our goal of connecting talent to opportunities at scale. You will design, create and build tech that will serve the needs of both our internal (staff) and external (top talent) customers.
Specifically, your role will be to:-
- Design and develop software applications
- Perform technical design reviews and code reviews
- Be responsible for prototyping, developing, and troubleshooting software
- Perform peer reviews on source code to ensure reuse, scalability, and the use of best practices
- Participate in collaborative technical discussions that focus on software user experience, design, architecture, and development
- You have 8+ years of strong hands-on background in developing scalable applications
- You are proficient in Front end technologies like AngularJS/React, JSON
- You have proficiency in server-side languages such as .NET Core, C#.
- You have extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for highly responsive
- You have strong experience in Responsive design, cross-browser web applications
- You have experience with Cloud services, including AWS, GCP, and Azure
- You are familiar with Interfaces such as REST web services, swagger profiles, JSON
- You are familiar with dev-ops such as Git / Jira / Confluence
- You have experience with microservice archit
- You are perfectionist who embraces failure.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF YOU:
- Believe in humanity’s ability to self-improve, and are passionate about leveraging technology to solve human-centric problems
- Seek to create lasting impact by solving problems that address systemic growth challenges
- Have an “owner’s approach” to be able to deliver on minimal supervision
- Think in terms of “Big Hairy Audacious Goals”, building technology systems, processes and teams that are envisioned to solve problems along decades-long horizons
- Enjoy bringing structure, order, and focus of execution and build quantifiable roadmaps for visionary outcomes that may take a generation or more to realize
- Enjoy working collaboratively with experts from diverse backgrounds while driving for excellence and instilling a “data first” mindset