UNICEF in Serbia is seeking qualified consultants to provide:
Translator (Serbian - English)
Ref. Number: VN 10 – 529871
Work from home
Work Assignment Overview:
- Upon request, the consultant will provide oral interpretation or written translation from English to Serbian, and/or Serbian to English. The consultant is expected to provide:
- Translation of high quality provided in accordance with the agreed schedule;
- Translation with correct spelling, following UK English language variations;
- Consecutive and simultaneous translation at meetings and conferences, in and out of Belgrade.
- In addition, the consultant is expected to:
- Focus on the result for the client and respond positively to feedback;
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remain calm and in control, even under pressure;
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Demonstrate commitment to UNICEF’s mission, vision and values;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity.
Deadlines will be agreed respectively for each assignment and in communication with the section requesting services.
- University degree;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Serbian;
- At least five years of experience in translating documents and/or texts;
- Proven experience in translating topics/conferences/documents related to corporate social responsibility focused on children/children rights;
- Knowledge of key UNICEF glossary.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application through:
The application must include a financial proposal in RSD as a separate document, providing the following information:
- written translations of up to 5 pages: price per page (in RSD);
- written translation of 6-20 pages: price per page (in RSD);
- written translation of 21-50 pages: price per page (in RSD);
- written translation of 51 and above pages: price per page (in RSD);
- 1 hour of interpretation: price per hour (in RSD);
- 1 hour of time spent in travel outside of duty station: price per hour (in RSD).
The closing date for applications is 24.02.2020.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.