User Assistance Developer (Technical Writer)
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insights more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management.
SAP CPQ is a market-leading business application in the Configure, Price, Quote space with the team mainly based in Belgrade. SAP CPQ helps companies accelerate and modernize their sales process. Sales representatives use SAP CPQ to create sales quotes (offers) for their customers per their specific purchasing requests. World-famous brands and enterprises rely on SAP CPQ to produce accurate and easy-to-understand offers for their customers.
What are we looking for?
SAP CPQ team is looking for a User Assistance Developer (Technical Writer) to join the growing team in Belgrade.
What will you be doing as a User Assistance Developer at SAP CPQ?
In SAP, Technical Writers are called User Assistance Developers, because that’s what they do – they assist the users of our software.
UAs in SAP CPQ work with developers and product owners on defining what information needs to be passed on to users to ensure that they can fully leverage the software for their business needs. Once you’ve gathered the information, you’ll formulate it in English in different textual formats (as a release notes announcement or a detailed instruction). After the information has reached the users, your job will be to listen to their feedback and see what can be improved.
In a nutshell, your job as a User Assistance Developer will be to understand how SAP CPQ works, become familiar with different types of consumers of documentation, defined as SAP CPQ personas, and then formulate complex technical information into user-friendly documentation.
Additionally, you will participate in shaping the UI and UX of SAP CPQ by defining labels, informational messages, and other in-app text.
What are we looking for in a User Assistance Developer?
- Around 3 years of experience in technical writing.
- Experience in writing (technical, content writing or journalism).
- The ability to formulate a text according to established personas.
- A tendency towards analytical and critical thinking.
- The ability to synthesize different technical information into a user-friendly written text.
- Experience with writing in-app text (labels, button names, tooltips, messages, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar and vocabulary (focus on software terminology).
- Being familiar with the agile methodology.
- Understanding software development processes.
- Technical abilities:
- The ability to manually test software to understand the behavior to be documented.
- Willingness to learn to use highly configurable software and understand its complexities.
- Understanding what APIs are and how they work to be able to document them.
- The ability to differentiate backend from frontend processes.
- Desire to work in an international team.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the DITA writing methodology.
- Experience with a DITA-based authoring tool.
- Experience with writing API documentation.
- Knowledge of Iron Python.
- Experience with JIRA.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation and bonus plan.
- Private health insurance for you and your family and optional private pension.
- Budget for personal development
- 100% compensation during maternity leave.
- Meal allowance, transportation allowance.
- Regular working hours for a good work-life balance
- Sport activities.
- Work on challenging cloud project used by biggest companies in the world
How to apply?
Please send us your resume electronically. We will contact the shortlisted candidates to agree on the following steps which will include a test and an interview with the team.
SAP West Balkans doo
O NAMA SAP je globalni lider među poslovnim softverima, nezavisno od toga o kojoj industriji govorimo, a njenu poziciju potvrđuje i činjenica da se 77 odsto svetskih transakcijskih prihoda odvija preko SAP softvera.Od 1. oktobra 2019. godine Callidus Cloud deo je kompanije SAP West Balkans, koja po završenoj integraciji ima 270 zaposlenih i kontinuirani rast zapošljavanja. Kao deo SAP West Balkans kompanije, razvojni tim kreira najinovativnija rešenja u okviru SAP globalnog…Više o poslodavcu