User Experience Designer
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
We are looking for a professional who has strong analytical, problem solving and interaction design skills to take on the challenge of delivering efficient, effective and engaging user experiences for a complex, data-intensive application.
About the team
Prophet is a leading risk management platform used by insurance companies around the world to model companies’ financial business. As a UX Designer, you’ll work within cross-functional agile teams (consisting of product owners, business analysts, QA and developers), and collaborate within our UX team and broader design community on the creation and adoption of common design guidelines and standards.
What you will be doing
You’ll be working on the design for the next generation Prophet SaaS solution aimed at bringing functionality together within a unified web application. The user interface is built using our common Angular-based framework and shared component libraries. The focus of the role will be on analyzing user requirements with subject matter experts, creating prototypes, validating design direction through testing and producing UX specifications.
- Conduct user research and engage subject matter experts to define design parameters and constraints
- Translate research findings and user requirements into effective interaction designs
- Work with developers and business analysts to ensure designs satisfy business constraints and can be implemented using our technology frameworks
- Develop concepts using design tools (e.g. storyboards, wire-frames and interactive prototypes) that help stakeholders envision proposed user experiences
- Collaborate with product teams to introduce user-centered design process into the development lifecycle
- Collaborate with UX team and broader design community on common design guidelines and standards
- Keep up-to-date with the latest UX trends and best practices
What you bring
- 3+ years of relevant UX design experience, preferably in a software or financial services company with exposure to enterprise applications
- Bachelor of Information Systems, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Interface/Visual Design or related field
- Portfolio or examples of previous design work
- Hands-on experience with design/prototyping tools (e.g. AdobeXD, Axure RP)
- Good knowledge of user-centered design process and practices
- Understanding of responsive web design best practices
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and information organization capabilities
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand complex concepts and communicate these simply to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Very good level of English
Added bonus if you have experience
- Working with financial, enterprise applications
- With integrating UX disciplines within an agile development process
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home – 4 days per month, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
Ready to start your journey with us?
We look forward to receiving your application. Please use only the button below in order to apply (only complete online applications will be considered).
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
Deadline for applications: 19.02.2020.