The VP of Delivery (VPD) would be part of a team of VPDs and should have at least 10 years experience in managerial roles in the IT industry with strong background in Business Analysis, Project Management and Product Management. VPD has preferably worked with and is familiar with various methodologies, frameworks, standards and approaches (waterfall, agile, scrum, kanban, ITIL, ISO, SEI CMM) and gained skills to utilize best of all among what is applicable at the given circumstances and setups.
A VPD is responsible for product development teams deliveries in time and quality and closely works with technical authorities to realize milestones and achieve the goals. VPD also contributes to improvements and optimizations of internal processes and procedures that are documented in the company’s Playbook.
The VPD guides cross-functional development teams, including but not limited to: UI / UX designers, QA engineers and testers, frontend and backend developers, devops engineers and business analysts. It’s his / her job, in collaboration with technical authorities to create an efficient, effective production line and keep it running smoothly.
Business Analysts, QA Engineers, Testers and Project Managers in the product building team respond directly to the VPD in charge of their product / venture.
From time to time he or she will be very hands-on, but their primary role will be managerial, process driven and focused on optimising delivery as well as help scaling operations.
VPD must have a thorough understanding of Time to Market importance, but also must be able to consider maintainability and supportability of the products and platforms after they are released in production environments.
As a fast growing venture builder company we offer the experience to work on a variety of different products, technologies and challenges that must be met and managed. This means having an appetite for continuous learning and improving your skills and knowledge. It is important that you have an analytical mindset and can perform well under pressure as will be the case from time to time.
Job Title: VP of Delivery
Reports to: Chief Delivery Officer
Member of: Design and Delivery Board, Middle Management
- Analytical mindset
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Good communicator
- Product oriented mindset
- Good business acumen
- Be an opportunistic intrapreneur
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and understand their workflow
- Manage products and platforms deliveries
- Guide cross functional development teams from business requirements point of view
- Support and optimise and communication within the team, between teams and teams to management direction
- Contribute and optimise internal processes and procedures
- Ensure product delivery is within quality, on commited time and in line with the product vision
- Nurture (mentor) and develop entrusted employees: Business Analysts, Project Managers, QA Engineers and Testers
- Hands on project management and business analysis tasks when needed
- Assist HR in the recruitment process
- Contribute to and optimise the company’s business development strategy
- Resource planning and resource allocation tracking and escalations
- Keeping abreast of software development methodologies, reporting and resource allocation optimisation methods
- Agile product owner and/or PMI/IPMA Project Manager and/or Delivery Manager
- Business development tools (SWOT analysis, ROI analysis, RACI matrix)
- PM tools (gantt charts, estimation techniques, resource allocation methods)
- Software development management and tools (JIRA, Trello, TFS)
- Knowledge aggregation tools (wiki, confluence)
- Requirements management and Business modelling
- Change management and risk management
- Very strong people management skills especially working with remote team members
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business and technical people.
- Experience building web applications, mobile applications, web platforms, integrations, event driven infrastructure
- Experience working with databases
- Experience working with reporting and BI systems and tools
- Experience working with QA management tools
What we expect from once you're EPTI VPD
To track and oversee multiple Ventures that will be assigned to you
You will follow through Ventures from the initial idea all the way to eventual Exit, meaning you will actually follow through product/platform/service from it's shy start-up-like POC version to eventual full scaled maintained LIVE system with real users throughout different markets, with LIVE integrations, multitenancy, localization, ACL and whatever it may take for a system to be number one in it's field and targeted market.
You will be responsible for reporting venture statuses towards EPTI C-level management and to generate reports for invoicing towards external partners and customers.
To ensure product/platform/service delivery within quality and committed timeline
Get out of the box if needed, cut the scope with the stakeholder, rearrange resources where possible, do what it takes to deliver in time and quality to everyone's satisfaction.
You will have to be up to date with stakeholders' expectations, team commitments, progress and blockers. You will be responsible for escalating timely any issues that arise with planned deliveries. Team will rely on you to support with any challenges they come across in regards to work organization, estimates and outputs.
To Work on optimization, standardization and implementation of our ways of working.
Yes, like many organizations out there we have a Playbook that scripts who does what when and how. Having Playbook and an idea in someone's head is not even a half of the story to get the things running smoothly as we want them to. Implementation of real life scenarios with real life people in real time is what you will have to do constantly and tirelessly to ensure we're all on the same page, we all comply to a certain standard and that no one is reinventing the wheel.
This will be done through:
- Onboarding new people 1 on 1 and following them through until they have adopted our Playbook
- Constantly ensuring, questioning and vetting existing procedures within well-played teams
- Organizing workshops for our Business Analysts, QA members, Customer Support agents and other members of the PMO department
- Keeping yourself, department and whole EPTI up to date with the latest know-how, best practices, cutting edge methods, mechanisms and methodologies on how to support and enhance development of our products, platforms and services
To be active contributor in EPTI resource planning
From time to time operations will initiate resource planning sessions in which people will be assigned to various projects, project roles will be assigned and resources needs identified. As VPD you are expected to participate and contribute to resource planning meetings and suggest best fit for projects and possible resolutions for any conflicts. Ensure every resource has a meaningful placement and provide possible opportunities for resources to transition to different work positions if so desired.
EPTI is a commercially driven global technology company with experience ranging across embedded systems to big transportation solutions, from payment solutions to finance-, CRM, ad-tech platforms and fully tailored solutions. Our company delivers complete projects from idea to design, planning to implementation and from testing to delivery. We offer a range of services and partnerships. With our global team consisting of designers, business analysts, developers, online marketing specialist, testers…Više o poslodavcu