UNICEF Serbia Country Office is looking for qualified candidates for the following staff position, which is subject to receiving approval of the new office structure for the next Country Programme (2021-2025), to be received from the Regional Office in October 2020.
Youth & Adolescent Development Specialist, Fixed-term, NO-C, Serbian nationals only
Ref. Number: VN 45 – 534483
The Youth & Adolescent Development section focuses on positioning UNICEF as a partner of choice in the area of skills-building, entrepreneurship, healthy lifestyles and participation. This requires a strong engagement in policy formulation, engagement with multiple Government actors and development of strategic partnerships with private sector actors. The Youth & Adolescent Development Specialist will lead UNICEF’s youth programme and engage in policy dialogue with the Ministry of Youth, Ministry of Innovation, Ministry of Social Affairs and relevant partners, enhance engagement with donors, including the private sector, and help position UNICEF as a partner of choice for the young people agenda in the country.
Under the general guidance of the supervisor, the incumbent will provide support to country office colleagues and internal and external partners and stakeholders by providing technical, administrative and operational support to ensure that youth & adolescent development and participation, as well as child rights, are integrated in UNICEF’s advocacy, policies, programmes and humanitarian work. The Specialist will contribute to the achievement of concrete and sustainable results on youth & adolescent development related programmes/projects according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology and UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework.
Key functions and accountabilities:
- Provide support to programmes development and planning
- Conduct programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Provide technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Engage in networking and partnership building
- Engage in innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields: Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Education or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in social development planning and management in youth & adolescent development related areas.
- A high level of ethical awareness and integrity.
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively.
- A result-driven attitude with the ability to manage ambiguity.
- Fluency in both English and Serbian.
- Experience with working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is considered as an asset.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application through UNICEF Vacancies webpage.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For every child, you must demonstrate UNICEF's core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. UNICEF’s office is accessible to a certain extent, and employees are entitled to reasonable accommodations that are needed for ensuring equitable working conditions.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will therefore undergo reference and background checks.
- Srbija, Beograd, Svetozara Markovica 58, 11000 Beograd
- PIB: 108566241