AMETEK Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2020 revenue of more than $5 billion. AMETEK has 19,000 colleagues around the world.
When you join AMETEK, you are part of exciting growing team focused to deliver according to the Corporate Growth Plan which is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions & Alliances, Global & Market Expansion, and New Products.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups, both with highly-differentiated technology and leading positions in niche markets:
Electronic Instruments - a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of advanced analytical, test and measurement instrumentation for the energy, aerospace, power, research, medical and industrial markets.
Electromechanical - a differentiated supplier of automation and precision motion control solutions, and highly engineered electrical interconnects, specialty metals and thermal management systems.
Now Ametek is searching for a Field Service Engineer for our Business Unit Micro Poise.
Job Role Summary
The Field Service Engineer performs the installation and commission of equipment. Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical problems and/or hardware and software control programming, which includes control circuits, electronics, and P.C. Boards. All machines are PC or PLC controlled; some machines are linked to Customer’s IT network for host system communications.
When at Customers’ Sites:
- Installation and start-up of new or rebuilt equipment and upgrade kits
- Tooling installation, set-up and testing
- PLC program modification (mostly Siemens and Allen Bradley)
- Onsite repairs for machine breakdowns. Test repaired items to ensure compliance with technical specifications.
- Perform quality control tests on repaired equipment, as needed.
- Training for Operators and Maintenance Technicians
- Perform trials with customers parts on site
- Provide technical advice to the customer
- Establish and implement the technical instruction programs for customers
- Inspection and upgrades of older equipment
- Dismantling of machines for moving or refurbishment
- Provide installation, start-up and commissioning at customer site
- Provide start-up, operating and maintenance training for customer
- Provide customers with telephone support for start-up or trouble shooting
- Other duties assigned by Service Manager
- Keep the Service Manager informed on progress or problems on site, with written reports and checking in with the Service Manager before leaving a site.
When at the MP Facility or Remote:
- Office work (trip reports, expense reports, corrective actions based on service visit)
- Advise customers on the phone regarding troubleshooting and spare parts
- Updating customers data files
- Provide Engineering Support (debug programs, work on development projects)
- Provide Manufacturing Support, especially during the debug and checkout phase
- Help in-house service (phone support, tire tests, kit testing, internal training)
- Bachelor degree with the major of Industrial Automation Engineering, Mechanical or equivalent
- Candidate should have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in maintenance and repair in an industrial environment (prefer tire/automotive related equipment)
- Experience and proficiency in electrical, mechanical, and electronic diagnosis, computer systems, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- PLC literacy (including troubleshooting and modification capability) with Rockwell Allen Bradley, and Siemens
- Network literacy (communications and interfacing)
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and spoken)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good problem-solving skills is essential
- Good customer relations and communication skills
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Proven track record as a field technician
- Candidate should be able to modify the control logics and add rungs/sub-routines in the field as required by customer or directed by the Micro-Poise Engineering Group
- Candidate should have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Candidate should be able to read and understand pneumatic and hydraulic drawings
- Candidate should be able to troubleshoot and work independently and have the ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, and mechanical drawings. Should be able to use multimeters, oscilloscopes, deadweight, and other associated instrumentation to perform diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Interact well with customers and answer their questions, promoting customer satisfaction and good will
- Very strong knowledge of the electrical, mechanical, and electronic industrial applications
- Able to cope with stressful situations
- Good Customer Service skills, in person, on the phone and by email
- Good awareness of Health & Safety
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Continue self-education by reading drawings, books, manuals, etc.
- Must be able to independently move and/or lift heavy machine parts manually (up to 70-lbs)
- This position requires the availability to work nights and weekends as well as on call emergencies
- Willing and able to work weekends and overtime
- Valid passport and ability to travel internationally
- Valid Driver’s license
- Must be willing and able to travel (up to 80% of time – annual average) by air or automobile to customer site
AMETEK je vodeći svetski proizvođač elektronskih instrumenata i elektromehaničkih uređaja sa godišnjom prodajom od oko 5 milijardi dolara. AMETEK ima 17.000 kolega na više od 150 operativnih lokacija i globalnu mrežu prodaje, servisa i podrške u 30 zemalja širom sveta. AMETEK se sastoji od dve operativne grupe (Elektronski instrumenti i Elektromehanika), obe sa visoko diferenciranim tehnologijama i vodećim pozicijama na nišnim tržištima. AMETEK d.o.o. uspešno posluje u Srbiji više od 10 godina,…Više o poslodavcu