Most people see a lamp.
You see relationships with customers.
Localization Specialist - Slovenian language, Communications, IKEA South East Europe
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
- Proven advanced experience in linguistic field (Slovenian)
- Deep linguistic knowledge and high proficiency in Slovenian language
- Strong communication and influencing skills in English both spoken and written
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on translation experience (Slovenian)
- Understanding of localization/communication trends and the ability to turn them into effective communication materials
- Experience working with a translation agency would be considered an asset
- You have time management skills and ability to multitask
About the job
The purpose with this position is to secure that our customers and employees have a native experience across all platforms and to ensure all content and communication for the market aligns with IKEA tone of voice across all channels. We drive an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values where our colleagues are informed, engaged and empowered.
About the assignment
- Build and manage the localisation pipeline in close collaboration with country-level stakeholders such as Market Support, Digital, People & Culture, as well as the global localisation team
- Manage localisation and translations projects end to end, setting stakeholder expectations while ensuring timely delivery of high quality content
- Support the on-boarding of global recommended localisation vendors, together with procurement, and review their performance on a quarterly basis or as required
- Work with localisation vendors on a daily basis to ensure their continuous development, timely delivery of projects, as well as high quality of work
- Be the primary point of localisation knowledge in the country, advising on best practices, process, budgeting and planning, and be responsible for linguistic assets such as glossaries, terminologies, etc.
- Work closely with local content creation teams to create web, sales, communication and social media content that is appealing to customers by providing input from a linguistic perspective, while driving consistency with global content
- Conduct linguistic quality assurance and consult IKEA subject matter experts when necessary
- Consolidate and provide linguistic feedback to the translators/translation vendors to educate them on IKEA tone of voice and also mediate in cases of conflict on quality discussions.
- Liaise with the global localisation team to ensure consistency of approach, to define and implement quality frameworks, and to input on process improvements, budget planning and future localisation roadmap and strategy
- Translate and/or edit user interface, communication, PR, Web, social media and marketing materials for urgent and special requests, which can’t be outsourced
IKEA South East Europe is an exciting and empowering region with great growth agenda in all countries – Croatia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Ukraine. We currently operate 4 stores and we will open 2 new ones in next 2 years.
Join Communications team now and apply for the position online by 10.12.2019. in English.
Click here to submit your application.