AMETEK Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2015 sales of $5 billion. AMETEK has 18,000 colleagues around the world.
When you join AMETEK, you are part of exciting growing team focused to deliver according to the Corporate Growth Plan which is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions & Alliances, Global & Market Expansion, and New Products.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups, both with highly-differentiated technology and leading positions in niche markets:
Electronic Instruments - a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of advanced analytical, test and measurement instrumentation for the energy, aerospace, power, research, medical and industrial markets.
Electromechanical - a differentiated supplier of automation and precision motion control solutions, and highly engineered electrical interconnects, specialty metals and thermal management systems.
- Provide leadership, coordination, and direction including General Accounting. Direct the financial accounting close cycle including corporate financial reporting.
- Ensure company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles including all (SOX) policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Control and Compliance - Ensure compliance with US GAAP and SOX objectives ensuring the timely completion of self-testing and posting of required documentation. Drive continuous improvement in all areas related to reporting, control and compliance.
- Financial Reporting - Provide timely and effective reporting and analysis of financial information to meet the needs of the commercial business and to comply with monthly reporting requirements. Ensure reporting is following SOX guidelines. Prepare monthly internal and external reporting packages for management team. Manage external audit. Liaise with senior managers on issues related to accounting, reporting, treasury, and related matters. Handle ad hoc requests for analyses and information as necessary.
- Working Capital Management - Establish targets and challenge and direct the group in all areas of collections, payables management and inventory to achieve improvements in working capital.
- Reporting systems - Ensure a rigorous control environment and that systems are sufficient to meet the needs of the business. Recommend and manage the implementation of improvements to ERP and other reporting systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Liaise with management to ensure that systems are enhanced as required to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Planning and Budgeting - Assist the Finance Director in the budgeting and planning process. Develop models and analysis as required. Establish and implement short-and long-range policies and operating procedures.
- Credit and Collections - Manage the credit process. Review and monitor accounts receivable and contact customers when they become delinquent.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- 3+ years of operating in a financial position preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including US GAAP and SOX 404 requirements. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Position requires strong professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
Deadline for applications: 01.02.2020.