Most people see an allen key.
You see solutions to people's home
Store Sales Manager - Trainee, Belgrade East Store
Do you have at least two years of experience in retail sales with proven track record of leading business through people? Are you eager to learn and develop while performing and delivering? Do you want to grow your retail management career with international experience within SEE region once you gain valuable knowledge about the unique IKEA Concept within Belgrade East Store - a concept that helps millions of customers create a better everyday life?!
If you want to be part of something big, this might be the right challenge for you.
Who you are
You are experienced retail sales leader with ambition to deliver outstanding customer service and exceptional business results. You are committed and enthusiastic team member, eager to go the extra mile. Always willing to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge, you are dedicated, open to challenges and happy to train to enhance existing skills. Above all, you are determined to grow with IKEA, the world’s most successful home furnishing brand that lives in the hearts of the many people.
If you are up for the challenge, we will invest in your growth and development. During your training program in Belgrade Store, you will learn our business from the ground up, gaining knowledge of the IKEA product range, local markets and customer needs. Upon successful completion of the training program, you will become one of our SEE Sales leaders working for the continued global success of the IKEA Concept. You might be allocated to Store locations within SEE region (Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Romania and Ukraine) or Service Office situated in Belgrade, Serbia.
What you'll need to have
- Ability to lead business through people by demonstrating strong leadership capabilities;
- Ability to make things happen by championing flexibility, speed and simplicity;
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt, and apply key learnings in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to delegate, lead, coach, develop, and motivate team members;
- Exquisite decision-making skills with proven ability to understand cause and effect of decisions;
- Strong customer focus;
- Experience of setting and implementing action plans, budgets and following up goals;
- Understanding of profit and loss and how to affect its result through departmental actions;
- Experience of taking commercial decisions based on local market information;
- Ability to manage a variety of activities in parallel;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Ability to confront and manage poor performance;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Flexibility to relocate across SEE region along with business needs;
- The IKEA values reflect your own values.
- Lead by example while demonstrating our company values of recognition, respect, responsibility and trust;
- Promote the IKEA culture of incredible customer service with an excellent shopping experience;
- Ensure all co-workers are home furnishing experts, ready and available to serve customers and help them buy;
- Deliver and lead the commercial action plan for your home furnishing business in order to maximize sales and generate sustained long-term profitability;
- Follow up your financial goals, KPIs and costs, and take action on deviations;
- Provide hands-on support for operational tasks such as stock management, layout agreement/maintenance and other essential store functions;
- Know your local market potential and work with your team and other functions to ensure your home furnishing business is locally relevant throughout the different sales channels;
- Supervise and direct a team of employees including scheduling, assisting with staffing;
- Support the recruitment, onboarding, and training of all sales employees;
- Motivate and develop team members by agreeing clear goals, expectations and conducting follow-ups;
- Secure competent and high-performing teams and leaders who inspire and empower every co-worker to recognize and understand their contribution.
What could you do? Keep growing – and going!
Ingka Group is a world leader in the home furnishing business. We are a values driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
The IKEA Group operates in 43 countries and our retail operations include 321 IKEA stores in 28 countries.
Join IKEA SEE now and apply for the position online by 05.03.2020. in English