Web Hosting Specialist
Do you have experience with professional web hosting and internet-based business? Are you enthusiastic, skilled in web hosting and prepared to work hard? Then this might be the right job for you!
We are a part of an international award-winning company developing, marketing and producing content for the web. We are looking for a well-organized and detail-oriented specialist to assist our Digital Performance team based in 5 offices across Europe.
Office Location: Better Collective, Niš, Serbia
Office hours are flexible: 7-9 AM to 3-5 PM, Monday - Friday
Important note: It is necessary to reside in the city of Niš to qualify for this position, since the work takes place there. No admissions for remote work will be considered.
As our Web Hosting Specialist your key objective will be to support the team and take ownership of your tasks. You will be a part of a highly skilled and enthusiastic team in Nis collaborating with the Digital Performance team in Copenhagen. You will be working closely with your team colleagues and quickly acquire an insight into various workflow activities.
Ongoing training and education will be a natural element in the job.
- Gathering information about regulatory aspects with regards to hosting and registering domains with various TLD’s
- Researching hosting options considering price and quality ratio
- Setting up and renewing hosting and domains
- Updating a database of our Publishing Portfolio sites (+800 sites)
- Handling security and backups, restoration via ManageWP
- Ad Hoc on site optimization
- Report errors
- Propose optimisation suggestions
- Be an expert in using Amazon Lightsail, Plesk, cPanel WebHost Manager and similar dashboards.
- Desired skills and qualifications
You are very structured with a strong analytical mindset. You have a passion for delivering highly accurate work and you are comfortable taking on responsibility and making decisions. Your interpersonal skills are well developed as well as your sense of urgency. Also, you possess well-developed technical skills.
Furthermore, you should have:
- Understanding about Server technicalities e.g.disk space usage, restoring backups
- Experience with different Server Controlling interfaces like: Cpanel
- Knowledge about Database Structure in order to rescue sites
- Knowledge to work with WordPress
- A combination of Technical Management and Organizational Management
- Fluent in English (other languages will be considered an asset but not necessary)
- Degree in Web development
- Expected start date: as soon as possible.
Deadline for applications: 20.01.2019.